Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2019 at 1:12 AM
Default Cheaper coffee....
The coffee you buy from the machines, usually costs 35 simoleons per cup. Any way to make this cheaper? My poor sims cant afford a cup of coffee.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th May 2019 at 4:51 AM Last edited by igazor : 20th May 2019 at 5:07 AM.
That does sound a bit high. I just checked with one of my coffee baristas (Uni EP), and the high end coffee drinks they sell start at §9. I forget how much a cup costs at the Seasons festival food booths, but I think it's less than that. Perhaps these aren't what you meant, though. What kind of coffee machine are we talking about, a regular residential coffee brewer placed on a community lot or some kind of vending machine?

It shouldn't cost anything to make a cup or pot of regular coffee at home, without the fancy gourmet coffee beans, if your sims own a coffee maker.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2019 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
That does sound a bit high. I just checked with one of my coffee baristas (Uni EP), and the high end coffee drinks they sell start at §9. I forget how much a cup costs at the Seasons festival food booths, but I think it's less than that. Perhaps these aren't what you meant, though. What kind of coffee machine are we talking about, a regular residential coffee brewer placed on a community lot or some kind of vending machine?

It shouldn't cost anything to make a cup or pot of regular coffee at home, without the fancy gourmet coffee beans, if your sims own a coffee maker.

Its not at home, that is free. Like it's on a community lot, like for instance a laundry mat or something. Not by the barista or counter, just community coffee machines. I just had my sim buy some, and it was 30 simoleons, from the Excellent Anson Hot Beverage Maker. Red coffee brewer thing.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2019 at 6:52 PM
Hmm. I thought I found the place in the game's Tuning files where this might be adjusted, but doing so using NRaas Retuner didn't make any difference so I must have found the wrong setting or was setting it for the wrong kind of appliance. A cup of coffee from a regular coffee machine on a community lot still cost §30 as you said. There might be something more complicated involved than mere tuning to change that price.