Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 8:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Complete Reinstall of Base Game
Hey guys, I am tired of not being able to play because World Adventures so I am going to completely wipe the sims3 from my PC and just reinstall the base game. I do however, want to keep the town and families I have been building up. Does anyone know where I can get a list of what folders to save so that I can bring back my old neighborhood after reinstalling the base game? Is this even possible? Thanks for your help!
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 5:06 PM
If you had followed (proven) procedures properly before patching and installing a new EP, you can revert to any stage successfully because you'd have your backup saves in every patch version. TS3 being not-so-cc-friendly, the saves you revert to would, of course, depend on the mod versions you have at that time, for that particular patch version. Provided you can still find and download those mod versions (if you don't keep a backup of the rar/zip files), as most creators do not maintain multiple versions.

If you had done a backup (I zipped up whole EA folder in MyDocs and the Mods/Packages path, plus I have the framework.zip in a separate file) before installing WA, you can revert to those , if not.....well, lessons learnt, I guess.