Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
In Baldrair Bluffs, I have a journalist called Jeremy Naughtie, who runs the Baldrair Bugle. He prints it on a hand-cranked rotary press and tries to sell it, though, like many real life local papers in the age of the Internet, it's hard to turn it into a commercial success. [...] I think there is probably a lot of scandal in the Bugle. As a Romance Sim, I suspect it's Jeremy's main interest.
Perhaps Jeremy should get some help to take his paper online. (Also, as an aside, someone was certainly feeling festive in that screenshot....)

Anyway, I don't really have any particular system for deciding a Sim's job. Typically, I'll use their LTW if it's career-based, but if it's not, I'll look at the skills the job calls for, the Sim's personality, and the Sim's LTW. (I've never paid much attention to a Sim's interests outside of interacting with other Sims, but that's a me problem.) If I'm playing a challenge that restricts which Sims can take which jobs, I'll account for that as well.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 5:15 AM
Usually by their ltw or whatever is the highest paying newspaper job

Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel, it's me, the Fandom Gremlin and Different Twin.

My main site is at https://www.ncls.it/unigaia/

Just a girl on Entropy’s Side
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 7:21 AM
When I see all that, I'm pretty sure I got it from the Booty.

Thanks.
Sounds like it, I recognize the name Wintermuteai. Pretty sure I do have some of their items. The magazine printer might be Simslice as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 9:05 AM
When I see all that, I'm pretty sure I got it from the Booty.

It's one of Winter's- here:
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org...inting_machine/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Job Calculator gives an idea of what type of jobs might suit. I am using LordCrumps Crumpulator. https://www.lordcrumps.com/the-crumpulator

The jobs part of the Crumpulator is kind of what I'm trying to come up with, but like you, I have a bunch of custom careers (NPC and a few others), so I would need to fit it to my game.
Scholar
#31 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 11:29 AM
By the vibes obviously

If the stars are aligned they may get the career track that matches their LTW, if not, tough thats how things work for the rest of us anyway!
Page 2 of 2