Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 10:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Invisible NPC Sims
I have moved a sim into a dorm that I have built. After a few days of playing, the Non Player Sims (not including service sims) have become invisible. I can see my sim interacting with them, but i can't see them to select them.
I'm not sure if it has something to do with the way I designed the dorm. The only front walls are the walls of the bedroom and the other rooms above it which include toilets, shower couches, etc.
The dorm is designed like a motel with the front stairs leading up to the dining area with an open kitchen at the back and the bedrooms with Myne doors on either side plus a room for stairs leading to the upper floors.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 11:23 PM
Does the dorm have a letter box?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2020 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Does the dorm have a letter box?

Yes the dorm has a letter box
Alchemist
#4 Old 1st May 2020 at 11:00 PM
Sounds like a custom content problem. Did you install anything new lately?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2020 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Sounds like a custom content problem. Did you install anything new lately?

Just some skintones. One of which was downloaded from this site and seems to have overwritten a skintone from another site. I also checked another dorm I have built and still have a sim for testing and the NPC sims are visible in that dorm.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th May 2020 at 5:13 AM
Default Invisible Sims
Quote: Originally posted by pjb123
Just some skintones. One of which was downloaded from this site and seems to have overwritten a skintone from another site. I also checked another dorm I have built and still have a sim for testing and the NPC sims are visible in that dorm.

I have that problem with Ross Humble, a playable NPC, but Chris Hatch is going to fix it eventually.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th May 2020 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
I have that problem with Ross Humble, a playable NPC, but Chris Hatch is going to fix it eventually.

The only thing I've noticed with the stuff pack created by Chris Hatch (apart from everything you can ad to builds and some clothing as well as adding religion, Guardian Angels and a female Devil) was a gender change of the Genie and Ross Humble.
I don't think that is the problem.