Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2020 at 9:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My pc does not want an EP...
Hi! I am trying to install Sims2 after I don't know how many years (pc, windows 10). It works, but when I come to the EP n.8 (Free TIme) I get a message that says that my pc blocked the app for security reasons and I don't know how to solve the problem.
I tried to contac EA Games/Origin and they told me that the game is too old and they cannot help me.

Second problem: my kids lost (again) the cd of the EP n.9 (apartment life). I still have the box and the code, but the cd is missing.
EAGames/Origin told me, again, that it is my problem and they do not have the codes any more.

Can someone help me? Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th May 2020 at 2:39 PM
Actually my son was able to figure out a fix for the error message for my updated Win 10 pc.
I'll ask him again but I think he enabled "Administrative privileges" and allowed all apps ?

Second problem, you may have to borrow or buy a new disc.
My Uni. disc stopped installing after it installed half way.
It quit at the Voices6.package.
I finally had to order a like new Uni cd to replace it.
Anything for my sims.
Hope that helped.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2020 at 5:07 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th May 2020 at 6:56 PM.
Could be a problem with SecuRom - Windows 10 doesn't like it, and it's part of all the CDs from Bon Voyage and out, but it could be there's only a reaction to some of the CDs.

There's a tutorial on installing discs on Win10 here (mainly on the "blocked update" issue) - here
A tip on the block issue you seem to have - here
And a couple extra tips on "if all else fails" here.

There are still a few ways you can get the UC, so all hope isn't completely lost if you can't find the AL disc.
Scholar
#4 Old 16th May 2020 at 6:08 PM
A new button here... haven't seen the 'unhelpful' one before .

" Inama Nushif "
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2020 at 2:16 PM
in theory I have admin privileges...I will double check...
As for Aparment Life I found it on Amazon but the used CD costs as much as the new one was... I will keep on checking.
Thanks, for now, I will keep you posted!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th May 2020 at 7:12 AM
ok, I tried basically everything and nothing worked
The only good thing is that I found an Apartment Life CD at a human price
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th May 2020 at 8:11 PM
ok, husband worked his magic and now it is working. Just I cannot see the CC in the game...yes, I clicked on "show CC at the start", but I do not get anything.
Oh my, why did I forget everything???? Where are the CC supposed to go? in the download file in the base game, right?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th May 2020 at 8:14 PM
@TheMerlin

Read this, and follow it step by step:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ame_Help:GCCTSU

When you're done with that, read either one of these (don't be offended by the titles - I think they're just meant to be like the "*insert theme here* for dummies" books)
* If you feel like you don't have a clue what you're doing - http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Fracking_Idiots
* If you just need a refresher - http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...acking_Geniuses
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th May 2020 at 8:16 PM
C:\Users\(user name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st May 2020 at 9:39 AM
found the mistake.
my Users\(username).... is not under C where I istalled the game, but for some reason it is under D, another partition...now it looks like it is working...let's see...