Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2020 at 11:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Super Hug Bug and LotCleaner
@Chris Hatch, two questions, please?

First question:
I ran LotCleaner on a lot I expected to have problems and no OETreeDelete.xls was generated. Is that expected? Does it mean nothing was deleted? I find that hard to believe with this lot, but if it's normal behavior, good to know.

Second question:
You posted that you removed "Social Download Test" from your game, and I've been thinking about this ever since. I'm guessing you simply deleted it from an objects.package? Is that correct? If so, does it need to be deleted from more than one objects.package? If I take full responsibility for mucking around in my installation files, will you tell me where it is and if that's how it's done?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th May 2020 at 12:23 PM
Your game will only generate the OETreeDelete.xls when testing cheats are on.

Yes, it is removed from the objects.package in A&N and T&A making it impossible for either to ever get infected. The only problem with that is I couldn't test downloaded lots for the bug, I know how to spot it in SimPE but couldn't confirm that in game. Therefore I made an override to identify it with a text notification then remove it in game SuperDuperHugTest.zip (750 Bytes) which will run while the game is paused so it can run in buy/build mode.

The only objects.package that the game uses is the one from your highest EP/SP, if you are going to consider making changes back up the original first. If you sort the resource tree by Group (select the G in TGI) then delete everything in the group of 0x7FB44ED9.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2020 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Your game will only generate the OETreeDelete.xls when testing cheats are on.

Yes, it is removed from the objects.package in A&N and T&A making it impossible for either to ever get infected. The only problem with that is I couldn't test downloaded lots for the bug, I know how to spot it in SimPE but couldn't confirm that in game. Therefore I made an override to identify it with a text notification then remove it in game SuperDuperHugTest.zip (750 Bytes) which will run while the game is paused so it can run in buy/build mode.

The only objects.package that the game uses is the one from your highest EP/SP, if you are going to consider making changes back up the original first. If you sort the resource tree by Group (select the G in TGI) then delete everything in the group of 0x7FB44ED9.

Oh! Testing cheats. Thank you. That would not have occurred to me. I usually use a clean environment where testingcheats starts on load, but I had made a new cleaner clean game for this purpose and forgot it. Thank you, too, for the further instruction. And for sharing your test. That's very generous. I really appreciate it. Off to muck about in my installation files and retest that gosh-durned lot!