Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 4:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Downloads not showing as installed
Everytime I put my pc on and go to the launcher, most of my downloads show as not being installed. So i am having to select all and install them every time i start the game. I don't think i have any store content or from the exchange. Most of the DL's come from Mod the Sims and The sims resource. How can I find out what is causing this problem?

Many thanks
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by B17_Fan
Everytime I put my pc on and go to the launcher, most of my downloads show as not being installed. So i am having to select all and install them every time i start the game. I don't think i have any store content or from the exchange. Most of the DL's come from Mod the Sims and The sims resource. How can I find out what is causing this problem?

Many thanks

Might be easier to convert everything to packages, using Delphy's tool https://modthesims.info/d/364038/de...-sept-2009.html

You can place the sims3packs in one folder and select all, and the tool will create packages in seconds. Then, drop them in your Packages folder.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 9:37 PM
One question to ask though is even though the Launcher does not see the content as installed, is it actually showing up in the game? If so, then there really isn't a problem. The TS3 Launcher is not well known for being reliable and stable (understatement of the century).

Also, once content is actually installed and confirmed to be showing up in-game, you can clear the content files out of the Downloads folder and perhaps store it all someplace else. The Launcher doesn't typically need the extra overhead of having to read all that stuff at each startup if it's already in-game, meaning already in the dbc files within the DCCache folder, which is where the installation process puts them.