Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 5:14 AM
Default isn therea way to revert back to names ? ( australian celebration pack)
welll i got celebration tosay and australia got the swiss version and now all my sims last names are changed?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 6:37 PM
I got the same problem. =( Does the American version have the name changing issue? It seems to affect my CAS sims only though...
#3 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 6:48 PM
Why didn't you get the AUS version? If you got the same version as your previous editions you'd have had no problem.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 11:13 PM
Actually it seems to be an issue with the stuff pack regardless of versions
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 12:28 AM
There's a solution somewhere on the boards of the official sims 2 site I believe, where they take you through the registry procedure how to fix that but you'd have to look. Actually just go to Celebration stuff pack forum, then look for a thread with this issue, there's a link there.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nicola__x
Why didn't you get the AUS version? If you got the same version as your previous editions you'd have had no problem.

because EA shipped australia the swiss version for some reason or the uk version either one
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 7:09 AM
I didn't realize that celebrations had been released. Now I am glad I didn't know as I am from Australia and don't want these problems of my sims names changing. Will it be corrected with a patch? I did read the fix http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...84cd5d4d8d6b251
I was wandering if it's easier just to copy the whole sims2 folder to the desktop then replace it over the new one after celebration stuff was installed?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:06 AM
yay i did the fix that was at the BBS and all my sims names and time are back to normal!!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:58 AM
Excellent! Thanks carlydunham! I will get celebration stuff pack now.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 7:39 PM
Thanks so much to everyone for the help, I'll try to fix it, but I'm going to be cautious about this pack for a while...