Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 1:29 PM
Default Did it give a Air Conditioner for Sims 2?
Hello Everybody. I have a big Problem. If it summer in my Sims Neighborhood are a lot of Sims which are too hot. They began to burn, If they go out of pool or whirlpool.

Did it give a air conditioner for my Sim? I donĀ“t have seen anywhere one.

In Winter, they can I use the Chimeny for making a lot of heat and Drinking a hot chocolate.

If it did not give an Air conditioner, How can I make my sims cooler?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 1:35 PM
There are no air conditioners that affect temperature, as far as I know. Have them drink some water from the tap. it cools them down. And just let them sit around the house without doing anything that makes them hot (workout, baths)

Also -hottubs (whirlpools) make your sims hot, so don't leave them in and forget about them

There has been a fix made for random bursting in flames due to heat at http://www.simwardrobe.com/

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 1:40 PM
Thanks for answering so fast. Sorry my english is not so good, but I learn every day more. If i make anything wrong, please type me the correct word or the correct sentence.
Alchemist
#4 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 1:43 PM
It's okay, I understood perfectly Unfortunately Maxis made it a bit TOO easy for sims to overheat and burst into flames. It can happen in situations you wouldn't expect it. Paladin's fix works wonders

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#5 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 2:18 PM
Silly, isn't it? Kids taken by social workers because they're too hot! Wt..f? A couple is making out and all of a sudden one or both of them burn up (or down...).

I like many of the Maxian quirks but these were just too much so I have 'fixes' for both of them...
#6 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 6:51 PM
To some degree, indoors has air conditioners automatically, since the temperature indoors is always perfect. But just like IRL, if you're really hot and you go inside where the temp is perfect, you still feel hot for a while, leading to the issue where I tend to crank up the AC, then an hour later I'm freezing cold and turn on the heater....
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 7:50 PM
Moved to Seasons forum. Please try to post in the proper forums.
Banned
#8 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 8:48 PM
If your sims have the time/will, plant a lemon tree and buy a juicer.

Lemonade cool them down a LOT. But it eats up your lemons quickly, so maybe get 3 trees. Even if you don't like the gardening, they're easy to tend to. :p
Scholar
#9 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 11:18 PM
ive had alot of my sims catch on fire the last few times ive been playing..its happned so much with guests as well that im starting to hope its bugged and maybe get fixed in the second patch..ive decided the next time i play to basically stick that sprinkler anywhere they might get hot or at leats the obvious ones like the treadmill sp maybe ill have a few less fiery sims

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Banned
#10 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 11:26 PM
I think all the people whining of sims setting fire just aren't bothering to pay attention.

None of my sims have had any problem with heat. Why? Because I bother to look at their temperature. If it's red, I have them drink water or lemonade.

It isn't a problem. =/
Forum Resident
#11 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 12:25 AM
I haven't had any problems either... and my Sim has been working almost non-stop in his greenhouse trying to get the stupid Garden Club to like him again, and he's not had any overheating incidents at all...
#12 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 12:28 AM
I'm pretty sure there is an air conditioner at sim slice.. but thats pay

unless... well... you guys know what booty I mean
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Infernal
I'm pretty sure there is an air conditioner at sim slice.. but thats pay

unless... well... you guys know what booty I mean

Please do not mention 'you know what'

Sorry for moderating. Delete this part of needed.

REAL ON TOPIC PART: I don't thinhk the Air Conditioner works like that for Seasons. It doesn't change the temperature yet.

Or does it? I haven't been there for a while. :shrug:
#14 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 10:46 AM
I can't understand why the bath has to be filled with hot water but no cool water...
That's ridiculous...omg.
I guess we need a modded bathtub global mod for both!
#15 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 5:56 PM
I do know that drinking juices cool you down.

Otherwise, just hold it out inside for a while
Instructor
#16 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 3:51 AM
not tomato juice though..for some reason when my sims drink tomato juice they become hot, hot, HOT! lemons do work wonders though

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Banned
#17 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 3:55 AM
Tomato juice is a hot drink, that's why! :D

It's meant for winter. Store up your tomatoes all year, and when winter comes along, its just like hot chocolate.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 4:02 AM
Really? cuz i drink cold tomato juice IRL. Can't wait to get seasons these burning sims might be a good way to lose some family members i have been dying to get rid of.
Banned
#19 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 4:04 AM
You mean like that V8 splash stuff?

I suppose it would've made more sense if they called it Tomato Soup.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
I think all the people whining of sims setting fire just aren't bothering to pay attention.

None of my sims have had any problem with heat. Why? Because I bother to look at their temperature. If it's red, I have them drink water or lemonade.

It isn't a problem. =/

Yes, but what about the Sims that you are unable to control? I recently had a nanny climb into the hottub, catch fire, and then proceed to spread the fire to all my other sims on the lot, much to my horror.

That would be where the annoyance comes in.
Banned
#21 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 5:09 AM
In that case, I'd fence-in the hot tub and lock the gate during summer.

A hot tob is not meant for use when it is hot out, anyway.