Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:22 AM
Default Search for specific CASP parts
The Search function in s4pe is not really working for finding specific content. For example, say I wanted to find all the CASP files for yfBody_Barista. Searching "yfBody_Barista" and "Barista" turns up nothing. How can I search for a particular item's CASP file?

Ant content for Sims people, Sims content for Ant people
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:09 AM
Weird. I was complaining about the exact same thing yesterday, and @Snaitf said it does work, is only case sensitive. He even posted pictorial proof. Are you using the current version?

(For me it also didn’t work with "yuAcc" for instance. Current version and all. I was thinking I might have been case insensitive, but if you literally searched for "Barista", perhaps not. Didn’t have s4pe open at the time so I couldn’t check.)

Alternative approach would be

[2014-10-19] <Snaitf> yea, i just search the string table for the name of the item i'm looking for, and use the name hash in s4pe's search to find the file
[2014-10-19] <Snaitf> then that will point to any matds, or imgs
[2014-10-19] <pbox> where is that "the string table"? that sounds very convenient
[2014-10-19] <Snaitf> Strings_ENG_US.package
[2014-10-19] <Snaitf> extract the string table, then use, umm, forget his name, but the stbl editor to export to xml

“STBL Editor” is probably this one: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=533109

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#3 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:53 AM
Works for me...

( This is deltabuild0 )
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:16 AM
So what can we do to make this work for us, other than “be Snaitf”? =P

@JADGIRL just a shot in the dark, but what is your operating system? (I’m a software museum (WinXP) which sometimes results in unexpected issues)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

#5 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
So what can we do to make this work for us, other than “be Snaitf”? =P

@JADGIRL just a shot in the dark, but what is your operating system? (I’m a software museum (WinXP) which sometimes results in unexpected issues)

I'm really not sure why it's not working for you, i don't do anything special:

Open s4pe
Open clientdeltabuild0.package in s4pe
Click Tools - Search
Enter search string in quotes (case sensitive)
Make sure little endian is selected
Click search (this can take a while, wait for the button to go back from stop search to start search)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 6:44 AM
Thanks for all the replies!
@plasticbox I am using a laptop with Windows 7. And 0.2.c version of s4pe
@Snaitf There aren't any CASP files in my deltabuild0.package. I've been looking in fullbuild0.package, which to my knowledge is the only package with CASP files.

I'll go step-by-step to show what I'm doing.

Open s4pe
Open clientfullbuild0.package
Go to tools > search
Type in "Barista", and set to 'little endian'
Press Search
Waiting until search button goes from 'stop' to 'search'.
a few things do appear (as can be seen in the attached image), but they're all tagged DATA, not CASP.
Screenshots

#7 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JADGIRL
Thanks for all the replies!
@plasticbox I am using a laptop with Windows 7. And 0.2.c version of s4pe
@Snaitf There aren't any CASP files in my deltabuild0.package. I've been looking in fullbuild0.package, which to my knowledge is the only package with CASP files.

I'll go step-by-step to show what I'm doing.

Open s4pe
Open clientfullbuild0.package
Go to tools > search
Type in "Barista", and set to 'little endian'
Press Search
Waiting until search button goes from 'stop' to 'search'.
a few things do appear (as can be seen in the attached image), but they're all tagged DATA, not CASP.

OK, I was wrong about my results, those were data files too, I just didn't realize it, sorry.

However, I did figure it out.

Use Little-endian, but put a capital U in front of your search string to signify that it's unicode:

As of the last update (10/01/2014), all the CASP files were updated, and the new versions were placed in clientdeltabuild0.package.
So, if you have the update, search db0, otherwise, search fb0.

EDIT: However, and I should have mentioned this before, the EASIEST way to get the CASP files you want, is to use ColorMagic, S4CastTools, or S4Studio.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 11:06 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 20th Oct 2014 at 11:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf

Use Little-endian, but put a capital U in front of your search string to signify that it's unicode

indeed -- you’re like a “How To Do Everything” task force

Thank you! \o/

Also edit:
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
EDIT: However, and I should have mentioned this before, the EASIEST way to get the CASP files you want, is to use ColorMagic, S4CasTools, or S4Studio.

But will those find hidden stuff too? Isn’t barista one of those career/NPC uniforms? (If it’s the barista thing I’m thinking of, I believe it has NoShowInUI set)

#9 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
indeed -- you’re like a “How To Do Everything” task force

Thank you! \o/

Also edit:

But will those find hidden stuff too? Isn’t barista one of those career/NPC uniforms? (If it’s the barista thing I’m thinking of, I believe it has NoShowInUI set)

Yea, those programs all show the hidden stuff, too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:22 PM
Snaitf is an angel, thank you! Yeah, I don't have the latest patch. But I tried what you said, and it worked!!