Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 8:10 PM
Default Upload Question
Let's say I find a really cool design pinned on pinterest and I think it would make a really cool tattoo for TS4, so I go ahead and make it a tattoo. Am I allowed to share that? Would I need to link to that persons etsy or whatever where the picture is actually located or what's the ethics protocol for this kind of situation?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 11:12 PM
Ethically, it's always best to ask the actual author. The next best option, if you can't get ahold of them, would be credit and link to the original.

Also if your sources are from illustrators, photographers etc (original creations that is), I guess most would have their conditions posted anyway? Noncommercial use is often allowed (with credit), as far as I know; when they have some sort of TOU posted you don't need to ask each one individually as long as you follow their rules.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.