Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2024 at 4:41 AM
Default Base Game Outfit Not Working for Custom Teen-Elder Career Uniform
I'm trying to add base game outfits as the uniform for a custom teen/elder career. I used to do this all the time, but it's been years and the tutorials are either incomplete for what I'm trying to do or lost to the sands of time.

I used Vagrant's custom uniform package with the Teen-Elder slots and added the one I want to use. I followed these steps (except #3, which is missing an image file so I had to guess):

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=129052

Career file and package file with uniforms are in Downloads. The career comes up fine, uniform does not.

They're changing into their every day clothes instead of the uniform. I've attached screenshots of SimPE showing the uniform package with the skins being referenced and the GUID in the career package- both in the Career Editor and in the Behavior Constant Outfit GUID.

Can someone help me figure out what I'm missing? I'm comparing to my old files where I did this previously with adult careers and everything matches up, so I can't figure out what's wrong.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 7th Feb 2024 at 8:32 PM
If you want them to wear the fast food body apron, why do you not use the existing outfit object 0xACCFB61B instead of creating a new one? Do the entries in AGED contain matching ages 0x4 and 0x10 for teen and elder clothes? Usually people dress into everyday if the clothes are not available for their age.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2024 at 3:42 AM
Would the existing outfit object work for both male and female sims? For adult careers, I've always had to create whole new packages for custom uniforms.
Inventor
#4 Old 8th Feb 2024 at 1:42 PM
It seems to have all the ages and genders except young adult. But it also contains the hair ballcapnpc, which you may or may not want. You have to make something new if the existing outfit doesn't include the ages like barista or lunch lady. I think the instance numbers between aged and 3idr must match when it comes to designating each one of them for an age and gender. Maybe there is a mixup.