Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Same Sex Pregnancy

by Aren Posted 16th May 2015 at 11:54 PM - Updated 18th Dec 2015 at 5:47 AM by Aren

325 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 215 Feedback Posts, 109 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 14
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th May 2015 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MejaMia
Hi Aren, thank you for the mod. I was wondering,.. would it be at all possible to ask for you to make another mod.. reverse of this... where it is the receiver who gets pregnant, not the initiator? I'm sorry to ask but I have a scenario going in one of my neighborhoods and I need for the receiver to become pregnant.

I assume you want a non-playable sim to become pregnant? Hmm, that's something I didn't think about. There are few options I could consider: the easiest way would be to add a cheat that lets you temporarily change who gets pregnant, but it wouldn't persist between game loads, and it's not the most obvious way to do it. Another option: I could add a second "Try for Baby" interaction that reverses who gets pregnant. Or I could just make a separate download where it's reversed.

I'll think on it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 20th May 2015 at 5:38 PM
Thank you very much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 21st May 2015 at 12:51 AM
awesome
Test Subject
#29 Old 22nd May 2015 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aren
I assume you want a non-playable sim to become pregnant? Hmm, that's something I didn't think about. There are few options I could consider: the easiest way would be to add a cheat that lets you temporarily change who gets pregnant, but it wouldn't persist between game loads, and it's not the most obvious way to do it. Another option: I could add a second "Try for Baby" interaction that reverses who gets pregnant. Or I could just make a separate download where it's reversed.

I'll think on it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thank you for your reply. Non-playable in that point in that household yes. I just need the pregnancy to be on the 'receiver' not the initiator. Another situation I am working on is the ability to get an NPC pregnant (Male <> Male). I would think it would be easiest if it was just a separate file,.. a separate download. But what do I know,.. I can't even figure out how to upload a house or a Sim to the site.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:49 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I had the Babies for Everyone mod installed so I can make my lesbian sims have babies
AND NOW ALL MY COUPLES BOTH GET PREGNANT, EVEN THE FATHERS IN STRAIGHT COUPLES.
Really started to miss people having ONE baby.
So I needed this and I thank you a thousand more times!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:49 AM
LOL I love this mod, thank you!! I've 3 sets of male couples & have been dying to get kids of their own (spent tons of time on their looks)

However, with 2 different couples, each male did get pregnant lol!! In fact one couple, Male (a) had a son, male (b) had twin daughters! LOL!! Made for a surprise on my end & I quickly ages all 3 to kids, having loads of fun with my new family... but both men totally became pregnant, both couples :D
Test Subject
#32 Old 24th May 2015 at 6:39 PM
I have a problem with this mode in the new -sims - go to job!-
because of the EA alien pregnancy the mode made 2 man pregnant always. what i am doing wrong?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 24th May 2015 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devynsims00
LOL I love this mod, thank you!! I've 3 sets of male couples & have been dying to get kids of their own (spent tons of time on their looks)

However, with 2 different couples, each male did get pregnant lol!! In fact one couple, Male (a) had a son, male (b) had twin daughters! LOL!! Made for a surprise on my end & I quickly ages all 3 to kids, having loads of fun with my new family... but both men totally became pregnant, both couples :D

Quote: Originally posted by kreinberry
I have a problem with this mode in the new -sims - go to job!-
because of the EA alien pregnancy the mode made 2 man pregnant always. what i am doing wrong?

Whenever both sims get pregnant, that means there was an issue with the script mod. Make sure you have script mods enabled in your game settings (even if you've enabled it in the past, sometimes updates turn it off) and make sure the script mod (the one ending in _Script) is installed properly. It should remain zipped for the game to read it.

If none of that fixes it, then check your Sims 4 folder to see if there's a lastException.txt file. If you open it in Notepad and copy and paste it into here, I can see if I can fix any errors with the mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 26th May 2015 at 1:15 AM
I double checked my Script mod & it is enabled / re-enabled it as well & the files are in the correct folders. I haven't tried to get anyone pregnant since but it originally happened with 2 different couples.

I see a few different lastException.txt files, 4 ending with numbers and one without any (here is the one without numbers).

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>29ee45f8d343acc95563b81d</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.13.pc</sku><createtime>2015-05-25 20:03:17</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.7.65.1020-1.200.000.115.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>instance_manager.py:361</categoryid><desyncid>29ee45f8d343acc95563b81d</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1678, in feed xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: mismatched tag: line 51, column 8 During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 375, in _create_class_instance File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 588, in create_class_instance File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 793, in feed File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1242, in parse File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 665, in parse File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1680, in feed File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1568, in _raiseerror File "<string>", line None xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: mismatched tag: line 51, column 8 </desyncdata></report>
</root>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 26th May 2015 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devynsims00
I double checked my Script mod & it is enabled / re-enabled it as well & the files are in the correct folders. I haven't tried to get anyone pregnant since but it originally happened with 2 different couples.

I see a few different lastException.txt files, 4 ending with numbers and one without any (here is the one without numbers).

Any mod could be causing that error. Unfortunately there's no way of telling which mod it was, since the error message doesn't specify that.

All I can really think of is that the script mod needs to be zipped and it needs to be in the top-level Mods folder. The game doesn't load script mods if they're too many folders deep. I'll update my original post to clarify that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:57 PM
Thanks a million! This is exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully it works well in my game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 26th May 2015 at 8:09 PM
Thank you! I was really looking for this =)
Test Subject
#38 Old 28th May 2015 at 4:56 AM
This mod doesn't seem to be working in my game. No 'try for baby' with samesex couples.
Test Subject
#39 Old 28th May 2015 at 4:36 PM
Does this mod work with MC Command Center?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 29th May 2015 at 8:39 AM
I was hoping there'd be one of these for TS4 :> Thank you!
Test Subject
#41 Old 29th May 2015 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TattooOfHerName
This mod doesn't seem to be working in my game. No 'try for baby' with samesex couples.

Me either.. any help on this one?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 3:30 AM
Thank you for this mod, it works great for the base game. All the others need get to work, which led to birth every time it went to load game. Now i can travel with no early birth.

I think it is get to work that messes it up, babies for everyone and male pregancy mod work with get to work, if anyone is wondering.As i have all shorts of mods, and non seem to conflict with each other.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 1:50 PM Last edited by Aren : 2nd Jun 2015 at 5:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by alexxandraxo
Quote: Originally posted by TattooOfHerName
Me either.. any help on this one?

Hmm, it should show up on beds. I haven't added the other locations yet, so maybe that's the issue? If you still aren't seeing it on beds, redownload the mod in case it got corrupted.

Edit: if that doesn't fix it, let me know what version of the game you're running. I wrote the mod with only the most recent version of the game in mind.
Test Subject
#44 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 1:23 AM
Mine was backwards! XD
I installed it and it works, but when I made one of my girl sims try for a baby with another the one who initiated was the one who got pregnant and the other girl didn't! I don't really have anything wrong with it, and I'm not complaining, but I just wanted to tell you in case it was something about the mod that I should be worried about or backfiring on me. Love this mod btw!~
Test Subject
#45 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 1:39 AM
Thanks for creating the mod. Just wondering how well this works with mods like teen pregnancy, teen to adult pregnancy/relationship, and teen to teen preg/relations?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shannen0228
Thanks for creating the mod. Just wondering how well this works with mods like teen pregnancy, teen to adult pregnancy/relationship, and teen to teen preg/relations?

It'll conflict with other pregnancy mods unfortunately, as they override the same tuning files. It shouldn't be too difficult to make a version that works for teens, so that's something I'll think about making.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 8:38 PM
my male sims aren't getting pregnant. I've made them woohoo like 5 times in a row and neither of them are pregnant. I'm getting the option to try for baby, but nothing happens after that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 4:41 PM
Can I ask something . The mod work fine but when I make my Sim pregnant , the age of him stop and don't de-age any more . But soon after deliver baby , all back to normal . I just want to tell you about that .
Anyway , thank for your work ! It's good !
Test Subject
#49 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aren
It'll conflict with other pregnancy mods unfortunately, as they override the same tuning files. It shouldn't be too difficult to make a version that works for teens, so that's something I'll think about making.

I think that's what it's doing now. I just disabled it right now, so hopefully my teens will get pregnant.
Test Subject
#50 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 10:42 PM
Ok- Just one little thing to watch out for. If you're using this, and you have Get to Work installed, your game and sim will do all the things it would if your sim were having an alien baby, (You'll even get the achievement when the baby is born) but the baby will not be an alien. It'll be normal.
Just letting y'all know in case you thought there was something wrong with your game.
Page 2 of 14