Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 12:34 AM
animation tutorial for dummies?
Hi there I been looking at the animation tutorials, and I think I dont really understand nothing,would anyone know if there is a step by step animation tutorial for real dummies, I want to clone the toy racing car found in electronics, so far i got the object but the animation I don know nothing about
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:54 AM
The animations are seperate files from the mesh and texture. Depending on the options you chose, they may or may not have been copied into your clone file, but if they weren't, they will still be linked to the object.

So, if you just want the object to look different, but act the same way, you do not need to do any animations. If you are changing the mesh (GMDC), then you do need to use a method that supports joints. This can be done with the SMD format amd SimPE, using several 3D editors (3DS, XSI, MilkShape) or with the OBJ format, meshtool and several other 3D tools. There are plenty of posts and tutorials on retaining the animations, which just means the original joint structure is maintained.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 7:27 AM
Im sorry but that does not answer my question is there an easy tutorial to follow?
because the ones I seen there very hard to understad,for me is better with pictures not words only
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 11:44 AM
There are several tutorials, but they all teach different things.

Do you:
(a) Want to change how an animated object looks?
(b) Want to change how an animated object moves?
(c) Want to change what an animated object does?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 11:02 PM
well i clone the toy found in electronics is a small racing car,I made a new object a snail toy and I want the toy to move the same way than the car does is not a new animation is the same animation but looking different , looking like the snail toy,
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 2:11 AM
Then what you want is to "retain" animations, and for the toy car that's a bit tricky.

This tutorial's gone down now, but it's one of Shaklin's and you can get it in the waybackmachine:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060505...rticle.php?id=1

Try that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Then what you want is to "retain" animations, and for the toy car that's a bit tricky.

This tutorial's gone down now, but it's one of Shaklin's and you can get it in the waybackmachine:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060505...rticle.php?id=1

Try that.

:lovestruc thanks echo, i will for sure apreciated, thanks