Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 2:04 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 20th Aug 2019 at 2:34 PM.
Default Matrix54 Explores The Sims 4
I got the Sims 4 a while ago while it was offered for free. Per EA's expectation, I decided to purchase a few packs while they were on sale and some bundles. I can see them rubbing their hands together now.

Previously, I hadn't really played the game much, just here and there. Now that I actually own it... my opinion hasn't really changed much. I've decided to actually do some mini reviews for pieces of content since I now own the game. This will be similar to my TISHRA threads. I never really liked the Sims 4, so I've never been excited about a release. I'm more of a builder and I approach the Sims 4 with that mindset - what can I build for my Sims?

However, I do like complaining and being overly meticulous, so that should be fun!

This post is only an introduction and I'll try to do these often.

Reviews & Intermissions (Click Spoiler To Read):
Base Game - Create-A-Sim (Review)
Get To Work - Retail - Meet Heather (Intermission)

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 2:15 PM
I am already anxiously awaiting your first entry!

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#3 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I got the Sims 4 a while ago while it was offered for free. Per EA's expectation, I decided to purchase a few packs while they were on sale and some bundles. I can see them rubbing their hands together now.

Previously, I hadn't really played the game much, just here and there. Now that I actually own it... my opinion hasn't really changed much. I've decided to actually do some mini reviews for pieces of content since I now own the game. This will be similar to my TISHRA threads. I never really liked the Sims 4, so I've never been excited about a release. I'm more of a builder and I approach the Sims 4 with that mindset - what can I build for my Sims?

However, I do like complaining and being overly meticulous, so that should be fun!

This post is only an introduction and I'll try to do these often.
I'll separate the introduction from the reviews and begin below.

Have a look at the Gallery and Forum builds first. The game seems to be adding build items per pack and terrain tools are still in development as far as I can see. It's still a work in process but some people have made fantastic builds from it. I couldn't compete.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 4:20 PM
Thanks. It will be reading through than listening cheerleaders.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 5:32 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 5th Aug 2019 at 8:38 PM.
Default Base Game - Create-A-Sim
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 8:15 PM
Populiarity* Wealth is fortune.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 2:30 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 20th Aug 2019 at 2:59 PM.
Default Get To Work - Retail - Meet Heather (Intermission)

Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 10:56 PM
But first... she must rest...

Style. Grace. Poise. Class.
[/SPOILER]

I put beds and showers on my community lots so my sims's don't have to go home if they don't want to. It's like a free vacation.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I put beds and showers on my community lots so my sims's don't have to go home if they don't want to. It's like a free vacation.

I probably should have, but it was a new save. Had I been paying attention to her energy, I'd have at least put her on a bench or something.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 3:27 PM
When I explored, I got a bit annoyed how Sims don't really tend to their needs immediately.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
When I explored, I got a bit annoyed how Sims don't really tend to their needs immediately.

I expect as much from that game. I don’t really have high expectations, and everything is pretty easy,

Also, I’m sorry for the delay in posts. Vacation and project planning.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 4:05 PM
Yeah. I got bored playing a particular household, so I wonder what things I could try out that would make fun to play. Any suggestion for a challenge or playstyle?

Inventor
#13 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 6:21 PM
At the 300% mark up, Sims bought damn near everything without complaint. "$200 for a frog we found about 20 meters from here in a broken pump? 16k For hot dogs made on a public grill? A dead fish? What a steal!" She made a very easy 1.1k, so she's already doing better than how she started.

And to think selling stuff was such an in-depth skill in The Sims 2. Now you don't even have to try.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 1:22 PM
Wow... I haven't posted anything in a long time (that says a lot). I was going to go about remaking the base game TS1 lots. I don't quite remember why I stopped. Here's Goth Manor, looking like an actual Victorian home.

I should probably continue.
Screenshots