Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 9:52 AM
Default The Sims 4 to The Sims 5
I predict The Sims 5 game will be a failure, on new levels you couldn't even imagine.

1) Expect the game to go full on free to play or a small fee, also you will need an Origin account just for good measure.

2) The Sims 5 will be focused on consoles first and PC second.
This will ensure that there will be no mods, for a neutral platform.

3) The Game will be 100% online only conversely with cloud Based Neighborhoods and season pass to buy your custom content.

Think about it, look how much control they took away in The Sims 4, especially drawn neighborhoods that look like they were designed in Adobe Illustrator.
Now multiply that to a "games as service model" and there you go, a new game that feels familiar.

I would to think if this is correct that I'm from the future.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 5:47 PM
Where were you when ts4 was released?

... and excuse me, but why should I care about neutral plattforms? I'm the customer it's my way or the highway. Either they give me mods or they can forget about me altogether.
Smeg Head
#3 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 7:16 PM
Aye, since the early days, the realisation that mods and CC creators can sell this game in leaps and bounds, more than any amount of millions EA puts into advertising campaigns. (Hence they don't large scale, no need. A trillion websites dedicated to advertising your product, forget advertising.) It's the main reason we are on the forth iteration now; selling it needs very little effort.

All it takes is the devs to start pumping out a real shambles of a game, broken all over the shop, poorly implemented mechanics and ideas, then wham. Back to needing a huge advertising budget to sell new stuff, unless willing to scrap it altogether and stick with the mobile game avenue only. Hmmm...

The console versions? Well, why not? A bunch of die hards that want to avoid PC gaming for whatever reasons. We'll get their cash too in the end. The PC mob have already sold it to them, we just have to do a port conversion, - decent or not - it's already sold! And die hard console gamers, they've come to expect nothing in the way of mods or CC, so it shouldn't disappoint them too much they won't be sharing the better gameplay as the PC mob. Though will be as equally up in arms if it becomes a real shambles of a game, broken all over the shop, poorly implemented mechanics and ideas, then wham. Doh!!!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 7:20 PM
EA is a greedy company. They care about profit only. You realise this when you look at the development of the sims series. Players can build their own worlds in TS2. TS3 introduced CAW and CASt. However, the game cannot be played without mods. EA never bothered to fix all those bugs. We cannot recolour objects in TS4. You cannot even place a lot. The game is not a sequel. Somebody in this forum called it The Sims 1.5. I agree because many features are missing.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 8:18 PM
You could do a lot more romance options in sims 2. They dumbed it down in sims 3 and sims 4. There is a mod for grabbing a sims butt if you like them in sims 4. Roaches were also better in sim 2.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 9:12 PM
If you mean mobile by "console", yeah I can see it ending up the new sims future. There isn't any pattern that would indicate there would be any reason for it to come first in consoles (that isn't mobile), second PC. The possibility of it being ridden with DRM, or turned into (to my supersized, if they they hadn't learn) a multiplayer game.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#7 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 10:05 PM
I don't really care about any fresh Sims games. Sims 4 is the last Sims game I'll be buying. I'm over my addiction.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 11:26 PM
Scary stuff that. If they did that to sims 5 supposed I'd stop playing, go outside, and ... do things.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 12:08 AM
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Scary stuff that. If they did that to sims 5 supposed I'd stop playing, go outside, and ... do things.

b-but you cant set real people on fire....
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 1:46 AM Last edited by HarVee : 14th Sep 2019 at 3:18 AM.
Platform neutral? Fuck that. So many PC games have turned consolitis in the last 15 years that I don't want a main entry in the series to be console first. Buy a PC or fuck off.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ArmyDreamers
b-but you cant set real people on fire....

the fact that this comment got 1 disagree is scaring me...
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ArmyDreamers
the fact that this comment got 1 disagree is scaring me...

Be scared. Be very scared of my disagree.

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 10:20 PM
I'm predicting Paralives will utterly obliterate the Sims franchise entirely.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aularen
I'm predicting Paralives will utterly obliterate the Sims franchise entirely.

Personally, I'm hoping for healthy competition, competitive lower prices, and more selection in the flavor of the games.
Then, I'm also hoping for world peace, a cure for cancer, and honest government.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 10:48 PM
It's not even released yet. I wonder if people would donate money to some developers to create a sims type game if they could choose the features they wanted when making their donation. A sort of create by demand endeavor.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
I don't really care about any fresh Sims games. Sims 4 is the last Sims game I'll be buying. I'm over my addiction.

The thing about simming is that it's usually at the back of your mind- whether it be looking for mods, creating mods, taking on forums, making stories, etc.

Simming is almost a state of mind!

Once people's interest in the game fades away and something else replaces it- like what others said, it becomes increasingly hard to keep up the EP churn.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Be scared. Be very scared of my disagree.

Smeg Head
#19 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Personally, I'm hoping for healthy competition, competitive lower prices, and more selection in the flavor of the games.
Then, I'm also hoping for world peace, a cure for cancer, and honest government.

How far can you trust EA to meet that competition head on and try to up the ante?

When it came to that brief interlude where it was City Skylines Vs SimCity, EA tucked tail and ran, cut loses by obliterating Maxis SimCity in the process. Killed it stone dead in a heartbeat. And SimCity was by no means some little backwater project that nobody would even notice once it's gone. I think most people would have wanted to see EA put up a fight, knuckle down and give Paradox a run for their money with another stab at a City simulator. All that steeped history and invaluable experience in the genre, you would think it entirely possible they could have bounced back with something of interest. If, as you suggest, healthy competition put a fire in their belly. But nope, tuck tail and run. A clear indication they do not want to put in the extra effort and resources into a fight and invest in the dedicated improvements for a chance to win. Nope. They just want to cruise along at a safe, lacklustre speed while they are the only one in the ring. But as soon as a worthwhile contenders steps into the opposite corner, they're ready to throw the towel in rather than go toe-to-toe.
I cannot see it being any different for Maxis Sims if a worthwhile contender enters the lonely sport any time soon. For a long time now they have not put a true, full effort into the Sims franchise, in terms of making a truly memorable game. I don't think they would even know how to up the stakes if a contender came to take the title. Nope, just tuck tail, run, strip Maxis down to bare bones and send the survivors off to work solely in the mobile games arena.

But it's not all bad. There's still a chance that someone, somewhere, will cure cancer. Such that the joy slowly drives humanity to world peace and this revolution in turn sees the change in mind set of our species to the point there can only ever be honest governments. Yeah. Possibly. Maxis will still be fucked, though.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
It's not even released yet. I wonder if people would donate money to some developers to create a sims type game if they could choose the features they wanted when making their donation. A sort of create by demand endeavor.

I donno. Seems like business major stuff; do a market survey, see what the market is doing right now, estimate supply and demand + delta for market entry, estimate marketing cost and effectiveness...
you know, intelligent business; but nope. We got EA and a hope for something better.
I mean, there's dozens of shoot -em ups and hack em ups, but just one life simulation?!

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 1:24 AM
Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant. "Only watching from the sidelines, but it's been very thrilling to watch the team deliver the beach and witches finally. The team has been at it for almost 5 years now (if you don't include pre-launch work) and it takes a long time to get to everything."
https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...953737867513856

So the thousand upon thousands of pages and idea's that simmers leave across the internet are a waste of time. They have planned what they want to include FIVE YEARS before. Maybe that's why they still didn't tackle schools, even when Zerbu's mod had many simmer's longing for one. They hadn't planned it in, so couldn't respond to demand. Or maybe it' coming next year or, in ten years time, another one of their planned secrets. They also know when Sims 4 will end. They will already had to plan that too.

Very different from Sims 1 development. There Maxis had an unexpected success and had to release DLC according to demand. They literally couldn't keep up and therefore delayed Sims 2.

When Graham did the "laundry day" community pack, the whole process seemed more responsive to feedback and modification. Is this because stuff packs development process is much shorter than than the FIVE YEAR expansion packs. Did they also plan to include toddlers 5 years before, but just wanted people to get upset and walk away from the franchise as they delayed them for years? How about lounge beds? If they planned them so long ago, why isn't the multi-tasking on them perfect? How about the pet's stuff pack? Did they spend FIVE YEARS knowing that they would release it after Cat's and Dog's" and not one member of the development team in that FIVE YEARS think the consumer might feel a little outraged by the planned DLC for DLC?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 1:38 AM
I'm not sure if that's exactly what Grant meant when he said that. To me, it sounds like he's trying to say it's nice to have beaches and witches in the game now and that the Maxis team has been "at it" [developing the game] for a long time. In Grant's mind he sees all the DLC as integral to the main game development and not post-launch support like a reasonable person would. Although to be fair, Grant has never really been that reasonable.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 9:00 AM
Honestly I hope EA will get bought out. They aren't doing quite as well as they pretend.