Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2023 at 2:22 PM
Default Edited CAS Mesh looking "patchy" where edits were made/vertices were deleted and readded
Hi all, been a while since I've used these forums. Hopefully I can get some help as I've just started learning to make TS4 CC.

I edited the mesh and textures of one of the Realm of Magic outfits to remove some cut-outs on the back of a coat. This required deleting and re-adding vertices/faces to make things nice and smooth/prevent UVs form being all warped. However, in CAS there's this very odd patch on the back when editing the Sim's body. It aligns pretty much perfectly where I cut and added faces. What can I do to fix this? I don't think it'll show up in-game (haven't tried) but it still bothers me.

As a side issue, the same area also looks lumpy on male Sims but smooth on female Sims. It is originally tagged "feminine" so that may be a factor, but I find it weird how bumpy it gets, in pretty much only that area as well.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Aug 2023 at 6:42 AM
My guess would be that it's related to morphs.
If you modified the mesh and imported it right back over the original, it's not going to correspond to the fat/fitness/gender morphs it had anymore. So the pieces you added are stationary, while the original verts are being adjusted. That would explain why the issue is more noticeable on masculine framed sims, as EA uses a special type of morph to refit clothes.