Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 8:18 PM
Heaven, I love your world but I would say if you don't have the time to decorate the lots just give us shells, like moving into an empty house and let us decorate them with all the wonderful room sets others have built. I am anxious to get my hands on this world.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 9:05 PM
I know this is a spare time project, but if the lot shells are indeed done, you can 'hire' builders, like people volunteer on other complex worlds in the making here. Tho, then you have less controll over the project yourself.

I'm geting bored of finishing my Sims 2 neighborhood and would like to play some sims 3. I can help if you want.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:06 AM
I do quite a few shells or very minimally furnished houses in the worlds I do. I play legacy style so will never play any of the houses other than the one for my family. It keeps the file size trimmed a bit also. Houses that need to be fully furnished can be done one by one later as needed. IMO most are just fillers in worlds anyway. Unless you rotate and play every house, but my guess is not many players do that. So I agree, that all houses do not need to be fully furnished also. You can spend hours/days on work that may never even be seen.
Top Secret Researcher
#79 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 1:31 PM
Some players do like the option to have every house furnished, so when it's time for a family member or more of them to move out in new house, it's nice to have furnished and unfurnished options both provided by the game.

I'd advise to release both the world with the shells only and the furnished world with help of other people :D
Mad Poster
#80 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 8:28 PM
I tend to do partially furnished the most. Add the basics and folks can gussy up as wanted when they are used.
Forum Resident
#81 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:19 PM
Just wanted to chime in that I'm also super excited for this world!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:16 PM
@mixa97sr I actually have had some people helping me furnish - I've just been doing it through my tumblr, rather than this thread. Lately I have been working on community lots but they're almost done so I am going to have to finish up the residentials before too long. lol

I do have a couple new shots to share though!

The first 2 pictures are of the gym - it has a weight lifting area, boxing ring for martial arts, yoga studio, and dance studio. The building next door (on the same lot) is a bike/surfboard/boat rental shop.

The next building is the vineyard which has a wine shop to go with their production space, as well as a tasting room and space for events and weddings.

The last is the resort (WIP) which has all the amenities. You can even rent out a patio suite, rather than a standard hotel room.

Screenshots

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#83 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 6:18 AM
This is all looking so good. I want to go to Cape Cod or Nantuckett right now! Love it!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 12:07 PM
@daisylee what a sweet compliment! I love that it's invoking those feelings because it means I'm doing something right! lol

Just a wee little update because I've finished the resort now.

Screenshots

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#85 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 6:11 PM
Put me on a plane to Martha's Vineyard! This is making me want to travel. It looks really nice.
Test Subject
#86 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 10:53 AM
Wow! Martha's Vineyard would be a great place for my sims upcoming wedding! Keep up the awesome work. Looking forward to its release.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 8:55 PM
This world is so beautiful! Do you know how much of it you've finished percentage wise? Like, how much more do you have to do to finish it?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chocoberrychoco
This world is so beautiful! Do you know how much of it you've finished percentage wise? Like, how much more do you have to do to finish it?

Honestly, it's in the final stages now, almost completely centered around finishing the lots. You can see the breakdown below:

Community Lots - approximately 85% done with the following left:
  • Art Gallery
  • Conservatory (public garden with arboretum rabbithole)
  • Festival Lot
  • Seafood restaurant (watering hole bar)
  • Radio station + Bar & Grill (sports bar)
  • Antique Store (consignment shop)
  • Equestrian Center
  • Horse Training Field
  • Eckersley Island park
  • Ferry (community party barge)

Residential Lots - approximately 64% done with the following left (percentage calculated with simple yes/no):
  • Edlenton Estates: All 3 shells done, need landscaping and furnishing
  • Sterling Point: 1 lot
  • Brenvale Heights: 6 lots
  • Freeport Docks: 2 houseboats (the shell is done on one but needs to be finished)
  • Amberly Road: 3 farms
  • Downtown: this is a little more muddy as a lot of the lots in this area are being furnished by other people that I've not received back yet.

Additional To-Do Items:
  • Name all community lots
  • Fix light mesh
  • Recolor remaining resources (flag, late night planter, signs)

Alchemist
#89 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:37 PM
As far as I know I've finished *my* house. It's just waiting somewhere.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
Original Poster
#90 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
As far as I know I've finished *my* house. It's just waiting somewhere.

LOL! As you can see, not getting finished houses is not my hold-up so please, don't feel rushed!

Mad Poster
#91 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 5:55 AM Last edited by daisylee : 26th Jun 2018 at 6:05 AM.
Do you want some help? I can do a few lots if wanted and will do them New Englandish. I have all except KP if that makes any difference. If you want me to do a house or 2 I can?
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Honestly, it's in the final stages now, almost completely centered around finishing the lots. You can see the breakdown below:

Community Lots - approximately 85% done with the following left:
  • Art Gallery
  • Conservatory (public garden with arboretum rabbithole)
  • Festival Lot
  • Seafood restaurant (watering hole bar)
  • Radio station + Bar & Grill (sports bar)
  • Antique Store (consignment shop)
  • Equestrian Center
  • Horse Training Field
  • Eckersley Island park
  • Ferry (community party barge)

Residential Lots - approximately 64% done with the following left (percentage calculated with simple yes/no):
  • Edlenton Estates: All 3 shells done, need landscaping and furnishing
  • Sterling Point: 1 lot
  • Brenvale Heights: 6 lots
  • Freeport Docks: 2 houseboats (the shell is done on one but needs to be finished)
  • Amberly Road: 3 farms
  • Downtown: this is a little more muddy as a lot of the lots in this area are being furnished by other people that I've not received back yet.

Additional To-Do Items:
  • Name all community lots
  • Fix light mesh
  • Recolor remaining resources (flag, late night planter, signs)

Awesome! I'm super excited to see this world.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Do you want some help? I can do a few lots if wanted and will do them New Englandish. I have all except KP if that makes any difference. If you want me to do a house or 2 I can?

That's sweet of you to offer! I think there are a couple additional to claim here (there's a link to the filled slots list on that page) if you want one of the ones no one claimed. I'm not quite ready for another round of new lots to be furnished yet (all the houses left are the big 'uns).

Also, to the others, if you are furnishing a house for me, please see if you can get it to me by August. I’ll need to do an inventory (so to speak) of what I’ve got done and what I need to furnish. If, for any reason, you’re not able to complete your lot, please let me know - no hard feelings, I promise! I believe my MTS decorators are @Johnny_Bravo @attuned and @Ferguson Avenue (tricky one you are...changing your name, lol)

Alchemist
#94 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 3:01 PM
By August? Then I might want to check upon the home to see if there are problems.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
Original Poster
#95 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
By August? Then I might want to check upon the home to see if there are problems.

I figured a month would be a decent amount of time. I also don't mind giving it a look over for routing and stuff (been doing that with the others as well, because I'm an anal double-checker). If you find something amiss, let me know and I will see what I can do, similar to the roofing issue that was going on with the lot tangie furnished for me.

Top Secret Researcher
#96 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 3:47 AM
Hi heaven
I sent you the SFS link for my lot in January. Let me know if you need the link resent.
GB looks truly lovely!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Hi heaven
I sent you the SFS link for my lot in January. Let me know if you need the link resent.
GB looks truly lovely!

@attuned Oh my god. I feel like an idiot. Not only do I have that email and downloaded the link, it's IN my game. I just apparently never put it on the lot it belonged on, thus forgot that I had it. I am so sorry. Thank you for reminding me! I have added a checkmark next to your name in the list on tumblr so I won't make that mistake again.

Scholar
#98 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 8:04 PM Last edited by Ferguson Avenue : 8th Jul 2018 at 8:17 PM.
Mine's been done and finished for a while. I can get it up on SFS and send you a link by the end of the week, or I can just as easily put it up on its M4B thread and then you can download it from there, whichever you prefer?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferguson Avenue
Mine's been done and finished for a while. I can get it up on SFS and send you a link by the end of the week, or I can just as easily put it up on its M4B thread and then you can download it from there, whichever you prefer?

Let's do SFS as that's how I've gotten the rest so should be easy for me to keep track of them! I hope. lol

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 12:58 AM
So, I can check recoloring *most* of the remaining resources as done. The only one I still need to do is the one for the resort. I altered the specular at least (because seriously EA, stones are not THAT shiny) but will likely redo the sign to custom as well, once I can decide on graphics for it. I planned on recoloring the sign for the welcome park across from city hall, but ended up meshing an entirely new one instead. (I also made variations for a number of EA towns where such a sign would be fitting since I like versatile CC)

The antique store (which is the consignment shop) is also done.
Screenshots

Locked thread | Locked by: heaven Reason: Uploaded
Page 4 of 5