Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 9:01 PM
Default Dine Out Questions
01. When a customer comes in, sometimes they will spend ages looking at their menu, yet they still complain about wait times. If I'm correct, looking at a menu means that they're still ordering, thus a waiter won't come up to them?

02. Sometimes my waiters, even when they have tables they need to be waited on, they simply stand there. Also, they don't automatically clear tables when customers leave.

03. Do I still get perk points even though I am not at the restaurant managing it?

04. Do customers actually go to other parts of the restaurant (ie. bar, lounge area, etc) or is going straight to their table and then leaving normal?

05. Do customers actually order 3 course meals, or am I just not seeing that because I'm still at 1 - 2 stars?

06. Does having multiple host stations actually help? I know that the Chez Llama restaurant has two host stations, but since the game only allows you to hire one they're just moving between the two. Does it speed up the time it takes for the host to sit a party or is it irrelevant?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 4:38 AM
02. You have to train waiters or hire ones (for more money) who have better experience, maybe? That is the way the vet career worked - when I hired vets, sometimes they lagged getting their pet patients, so I train them and do my own patients to hopefully speed things up.
03. I believe no. I haven't had the restaurant (I have done retail and vet) but since it is active, you need to be there to get the perks. Kinda like clubs, as well.
04. I have seen that on dates, and then my date has to corral their other half. (they go dance to the radio, or chat with other patrons, or even go rummage in the fridge for drinks or chips if they are really hungry. And yeah, I have seen people walk in and then out again. I think that is an affect of the game, perhaps to make your restaurant life more difficult.

05. The only way they get multiple courses is by re-ordering, or at least that is what happens when my sims go out on a date. If you order a drink and appetizer, then you are done. Once the dishes are cleaned up you can order more food.

06. I agree that a single host station is all that is required. I have never seen more than one host at a restaurant, assuming that would interrupt the restaurant flow when you would presumably have a need for more waiters/chefs.
Scholar
#3 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 4:47 PM
Besides the great tips and answers above
I would highly recommend watching TheSimSupply's Rag to Riches Dine Out let's play
it's both fun thing to watch, and you could also get a lot of tips and ideas as for running restaurants while watching this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw6...wZ3Beepg1Kjxg98