Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#1401 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:52 AM
I didn't do this but I remember watching my sister do this: her sims were at a community lot downtown and they were being all romantic with each other because they were a couple. Mrs. Crumplebottom showed up and began beating the guy with her purse. My sister made Mrs. Crumplebottom 'selectable' and then she aged her down to a toddler. So there was this toddler with a purse and crochet/knitting needles trying to leave the lot, but she couldn't leave because she was a toddler.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1402 Old 25th May 2018 at 1:54 PM
And...then her game was broken...I trust this was a long time ago and everybody knows better now. It probably was funny except for that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#1403 Old 25th May 2018 at 2:45 PM
And THAT is why I have the anti-Mrs Crumplebottom mod. I don't want to take any chance of her corrupting my game.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#1404 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:26 PM
She won't passively corrupt your game (if you have creaturefixes).

If Sis had her objects packages locked even messing with Mrs. C. shouldn't have been able to corrupt the installation, since none of the changes would save.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
#1405 Old 27th May 2018 at 8:54 AM
I adopted a child, and for some reason her name was Naenae...I quickly changed it to June.
Mad Poster
#1406 Old 27th May 2018 at 8:59 AM
Grandparent lectures toddler for breaking robot. Toddler alternates between sitting or standing on the floor and hovering while reacting like a child or older to the lecture. Laughed so hard I forgot to screenshot it.
Mad Poster
#1407 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 8:24 AM
I have just made an amazing slimming shirt. XD

Usually when you mess up the fat morph it explodes or if you're lucky just doesn't line up with the bottom. Mine removes the fat bottom, as if there was no fat morph for the bottom, but I tested it on Maxis trousers, so there is a fat morph. XD

Try fat bottom with a different shirt, fine. Don't change the bottom and put my shirt on and you instantly switch to the thin morph for the bottom. The fat morph for the top works though lol. This is something I've never manged to do before in all of my screw ups.
Mad Poster
#1408 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 11:49 PM
I have the Picasos in a triplex. Just now I was watching pregnant Jessica eat in the rear unit when I spotted Grim's silhouette in the front unit. I couldn't see any sims or furniture, just Grim, and a very faint echo of his signature sound. I went to the front of the lot and saw him make a call on his cel phone, then turn and melt away. Gradually the apartment resolved itself out of the usual empty shadows. I clicked the door of the unit and it came up "vacant." But soon (about the time Jessica finished eating) the furniture etc. faded out again, Nery Turner appeared on the lot, and the door now says it's his apartment.

What the heck was all that about? Nobody at all has died in this hood yet.

Inventor
#1409 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:58 AM
Peni, I had that happen once before, back when I first started playing the game. Calista Fuchs somehow died in her apartment and I saw the faintest echo of Grim as it actually happened inside the blacked out space. Her tombstone ended up on the curb near the mailbox and a new neighbor moved in. Before that I had occasionally gotten the pop-up window showing the blacked out apartment. I think once I even saw what looked like a puddle (though it was hard to tell with the faded out nature of the place). Being new to the game, I didn't know why it kept showing it to me! All I can guess now is that she somehow got stuck invisible but not properly 'in stasis', so her needs plummeted while she couldn't escape.
Mad Poster
#1410 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 12:43 PM
I thought I'd discovered something new. My little sim dog was standing on the windowseat barking his head off. I thought that there must be a stray out there that he was barking at, just like a real dog. XD But ... it turned out that something was wrong with the windowseat and he was barking to tell me that he was stuck.

Okay, I have to add weirdness to this. My newly adult sim dog was chewing up the bed, so I sent someone over to scold her for destroying the furniture. Just after he'd finished a puddle formed beneath her. It honestly looked like he'd shamed her into peeing herself. But the puddle wasn't yellow and I have Pescado's yellow pee, so I have no idea where it came from.
Scholar
#1411 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Okay, I have to add weirdness to this. My newly adult sim dog was chewing up the bed, so I sent someone over to scold her for destroying the furniture. Just after he'd finished a puddle formed beneath her. It honestly looked like he'd shamed her into peeing herself. But the puddle wasn't yellow and I have Pescado's yellow pee, so I have no idea where it came from.

I'm trying to remember if I've seen a Sim dog pee when scolded before. I think I have, but I might be confusing it with RL - I've definitely seen it in RL. If the dog did a submissive pee, rather than a bladder-relieving pee, is it possible Yellow Pee wouldn't apply because it's not seen as 'proper pee'?
Instructor
#1412 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
I had a sim catch on fire while in the bathtub. He had overheated and spontaneously combusted.

One thing we forget is getting our sims to drink water since they mostly don't need it but i find during the summer they need lots of water to prevent overheating but if they've been working out or doing certain things they get really hot but they get hot even in bath, try telling them to drink some water after doing certain things or not letting their hygiene level get too low cos the longer they stay in the bath the hotter they get they can get hot in the shower too i tend to make my sims shower or take a bath when their hygiene has gone down half way it makes the action faster and they can get on to doing other things your sims won't ever combust then their temp will stay cool.
Mad Poster
#1413 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 2:08 AM
That's why I have the cold shower mod.
Instructor
#1414 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 3:06 AM
Why download more mods when u can just take far less time to shower? on a really low hygiene bar it takes a few mins but if it's half way it only takes a min i make them pee too before they shower so i don't have to send them back in the loo for a good while so they can focus on other needs, skilling or whatever else and their needs are more or less full when they wake up.
Mad Poster
#1415 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 8:55 AM
I prefer the mod lol.
Field Researcher
#1416 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 5:32 PM
That's why I have the cold shower mod.

This one's new to me. I feel like if you have ACR it should reset the sim's timer.
Mad Poster
#1417 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 11:08 PM
Erik Swain's dog, Buffy became an elder today. I think something went wrong (possibly because I had aged her down to an adult dog previously) because when she grew up I ended up with this:

She flashes shades of blue, and no animations work (which looks really creepy as she glides inanimately room to room). I thought it was similar to how sometimes I had sims faces flash blue if I had aged them up/down and had the moveobjects cheat on (being that I had moveobjects on when she aged) - but I couldn't change her appearance in the mirror which usually fixes it. Though that could be because everyone was in a bad mood and the toddler was in the way? Either way, pretty strange.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#1418 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 11:18 PM
Can you use the Sim Manipulator to change her appearance?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#1419 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 11:38 PM
That seems like a much more humane solution than my "I'll just turn the dog back into an adult and then make it die of old age". I don't know if it's the Sim manipulator I have in my game, but I do have a potted plant modded object that allows me to change appearances. I wasn't sure if it worked on pets though.

Mad Poster
#1420 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
That seems like a much more humane solution than my "I'll just turn the dog back into an adult and then make it die of old age". I don't know if it's the Sim manipulator I have in my game, but I do have a potted plant modded object that allows me to change appearances. I wasn't sure if it worked on pets though.

Sounds like the Sim Blender.
Mad Poster
#1421 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 10:37 AM
Sounds like the Sim Blender.

Yes! That is what it is! My brain is mush these days.

Scholar
#1422 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 12:43 AM
I wish we could actually graduate TWICE like most of my Sims do!! :P

Top Secret Researcher
#1423 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 4:05 PM
Not particularly strange, just amusing. I was playing the household that includes child Rebecca Agnarsson. While she was at school, her cousin Tobin called asking for her. I gave him my usual response--"No, she's at school, where you are!" Next up in the rotation was Tobin's house, and who should call asking for him in the middle of the day but Rebecca! Like, did they plan this?

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#1424 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 7:01 PM
There are phone call mods already and I have one or even some? But this is one thing I do not get...Adults and elders seems to call my kids during school hours as if...well, what are they thinking? Maybe there is just no way to mod that out.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#1425 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 9:41 PM
Something for the Whovians: I have a sim with the name Dalek (the name of a real evil warmonger race in Doctor Who), because I like the ring of said word. Rotations flew by and he became a student at ALT, majoring in political science, just the perfect fit for his interests and name. As he was pledging for a frat he talked to Yvette, the evil witch to-be of my playables, and they had one favourite topic: Politics! They smiled widely as a peace sign popped up in the speech bubbles and then they imitated machine guns as there appeared a bomb icon in their bubbles. It really made me laugh because it was so fitting for his name and her destiny, but also it was slightly bit uncomfortable. ^^'' Nomen est omen at its finest!

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Page 57 of 58