Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#1226 Old Today at 8:09 AM
TS is not a game for such aggressive microtransactions. Nobody wants to buy activities for seasons that are separated into four different packs. That is what Lyndsay Pearson said and I am still shocked about it.

TS4 started the piecemealing of content a long time ago with, for example, restaurants having their own pack. Then kits came along and now we will have paid events. I am hopeful that there won't be any paid events, but I won't be surprised.
Advertisement
Theorist
#1227 Old Today at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
TS is not a game for such aggressive microtransactions. Nobody wants to buy activities for seasons that are separated into four different packs. That is what Lyndsay Pearson said and I am still shocked about it.

TS4 started the piecemealing of content a long time ago with, for example, restaurants having their own pack. Then kits came along and now we will have paid events. I am hopeful that there won't be any paid events, but I won't be surprised.

I personally consider kits to be microtransactions, but I know a lot of people don't agree with me about that which is fine. I don't expect anybody to agree with anything I say about this game or franchise. I'm already a square peg as I treat my game like a game, not a life line. I digress.

Pixelade has recently put out a good video talking about Maxis and their 'transparency'. Anybody that has been around for while already knows how problematic this is and has been a issue for a long time. It took them 10 years to confess their game is a hot mess. That sez something. Along those lines, they're back on the "We hear you" kick, but their actions tell a completely different story. I'm not on social media so I can't say the following with a full chest statement, but I don't recall anybody ever asking for a blinking shopping cart or for TS4 to become a mobile game. I could sit here and make a list for things that were put in game that were never asked for just as anybody else can.

To dig a even bigger hole, they [Maxis] are on another kick. That kick being talking about how they have such a great relationship with this community. A toxic relationship is not strong or great. It's ugly, dysfunctional, ect... If things were so wonderful in this community, they wouldn't have to resort to their tactics of trying to reel people back in to the play the game. The fact that they failed at their own tactic is hilarious and comical. Put pictures on a screen with locks, but then don't actually lock the content. Gotta keep the standards bar at ground level.

Again, Maxis fails to read the room. They're not listening, they're not transparent and it is business as usual. It's the metaphor that somebody on here already used about a frog being in a pan of water. I will give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to what they can and what they cannot say because I'm sure Andrew Wilson has strong rules regarding such matters, but even so, what they say and what they mean are two completely different things.

Graham made a appearance on Twitter a week or so ago wagging his finger about how people should wait for things to be put into context. This came after everybody was complaining about 5 slots being used for rocks in one of the new kits. I agree that context matters, but seriously. 5 slots for a kit when the fountain could have been added to a expansion pack or something else. It's right up there with people paying a dollar each for 4 vacuums and a handheld vac in the Bust The Dust kit. If context is so important in these situations, then stop leaking everything. They're not even leaks anymore. All the stuff is posted to garner interest and conversation. A simple search on Google Trends tells a person all they need to know when it comes to interest for this game during dry times when there are no "leaks".

Pick your poison, Graham. Do you want context or something else? All arrows point to something else.

EA'S TONE DEAF TAKE ON 'TRANSPARENCY' AND WHAT THE SIMS COMMUNITY WANTS! (The Sims 4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzfHUempTIU

SIM GURUS ARE FED UP!! 👀 (New Cryptic Tweet) - Graham tweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKb4mccWoW4
Page 50 of 50