Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 6:17 PM
Default Missing Files
Ok, so I have saved to disk almost everything I have ever downloaded and am I glad, I accidentally deleted my downloads folder. Some of the files from the list first posted look familiar. I am not computer literate and have trouble finding my way around, clearly. Is this the most current list? Do you still need help?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 10:16 AM
I have got all my files back! Hoorah!

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Scholar
#53 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 11:12 PM
I found it pretty ironic that the 5 or 6 things that I was missing, were all things that I had still saved to my "projects/packaged lots" folder.

Wonder how that could've ever happened?!

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 2:30 PM
Hello, all my files are ok. Thank you for all the hard work.

Bea
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 12:01 AM
Oh man, it sucks to have both drives crash on you
I'm going to go through all my downloads and creations now to see if I can help anyone out!
[This may take awhile -_-' *suddenly regrets downloading everything he sees*]

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Test Subject
#56 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 8:03 AM
Well, I found two things and uploaded them.

Glad I could help!

For people who are looking into how to cut down the time going through the list and their downloads, this is what I did.

(I have Windows XP)

1. Go to Start
2. Search (The Magnifying Glass)
3. click "All files and folders"
4. In all or part of file name type "mts2 * rar" for the .rar files, and "mts2 * zip" for the .zip files.
5. Wait for the search to finish.
6. Go to the list of missing files on MTS2
7. Click the "Name" tab on your downloads search. (That organizes it in alphabetical order)
8. Go to the MTS2 page, and hit "Ctrl+F" to pull up the find.
9. Type in the name of the creator of the first file in your list. (Example if the file says something like "MTS2_LingTina_Whatever_the_content_is.rar," "LingTina" would be what you type)
10. If the person name comes up, look through the results to see if it's your file.
11. If it is go the page and follow the provided instructions in the topic.
12. If not, or if someone already uploaded it, go to the next name and do the same thing.
13. Do this until you have went through all of your downloads.

I hope this helps.
I used Firefox to do this, but you also can do this in other browser.

Have a nice day, everyone!
Test Subject
#57 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 2:06 PM
i have had a problem getting any files off the skuld fileserver
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#58 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 2:12 PM
It's the weekend. It's busy.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#59 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 3:34 AM
Default Missing fies.
I have an idea. I have a Gigabite (.zip and .rar) in my PC, I can put those missing files in a DVD and send this to MTS2 in an air mail From Argentina, only I need is an adress...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#60 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 10:00 AM
Master Killer, please check the list of missing files and then check your list and upload any that are missing.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Page 3 of 3