Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:11 PM
I have my old save game running with the patch, and all my mods are still where they have always been. Its not compulsory to move them ): All the mods work fine including Delphys slider hack and NRaas has now very speedily provided new mods which work great. This is an excellent patch and I love the new World editor ! I can finally now get rid of all those ugly rows of cypress trees ! ): Being able to move lots and resize them is also a major step forward, so although not often said.... well done EA. ):
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:34 PM
well i just want to say that i have not installed this patch yet but this thread has been really enlightening. i am off to the help section to see if the chaos mod works with this new patch before i take the plunge.

they say you learn something new everyday. i learnt how to edit the cfg file :D
Scholar
#78 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:38 PM Last edited by candlelight82 : 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:39 PM.
I agree with MarleneJ,
EA did everything right, except one thing: I can place every lot size, from tiny up to 50x50 and 64x64,..
BUT NOT 60x60 ??? did I miss something ???

Edit:
What I noticed: I started the game with all mods,..
> no interaction with other sims possible on the home lot
>> talked to a NPC in town
>>> seems something in the game did a reset, now everything is running like before the patch
Test Subject
#79 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:38 PM
Delphy, sorry for the misunderstanding, my package folder contains 16 seperate folders such as Accessories, Clothes, Cars, etc..., mostly compressed packages by the way. Overkill, pfft its 4:00 in the morning and I'm still messing about with a computer game I'm way past overkill.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:40 PM
Hi everybody! I was just wondering : do I still need the d3dx9_31.dll file in the Game/Bin/ folder to have custom content working or not? I red the entire topic, but couldn't find anything about this in it (or, I'm blind, which is also a possibility. :p)
Oh, and a big thank you I love you to all modders publishing their work on MTS! ^^
Test Subject
#81 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:41 PM
Edited the resource.cfg file. cc still not showing up. Any ideas?
Test Subject
#82 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:52 PM
I'm missing the traits anyone else having this problem? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times but they aren't showing up. In good news I got my mods working.
Test Subject
#83 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gyspie
I'm missing the traits anyone else having this problem? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times but they aren't showing up. In good news I got my mods working.

how did you get the mods working?
Test Subject
#84 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:58 PM Last edited by abbygene : 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:12 PM. Reason: update
Quote: Originally posted by MarleneJ
I have my old save game running with the patch, and all my mods are still where they have always been. Its not compulsory to move them ): All the mods work fine including Delphys slider hack and NRaas has now very speedily provided new mods which work great. This is an excellent patch and I love the new World editor ! I can finally now get rid of all those ugly rows of cypress trees ! ): Being able to move lots and resize them is also a major step forward, so although not often said.... well done EA. ):

If it is not required to move them, should I just try to move them back since they are not working in the new location?
tried that still no mods
Test Subject
#85 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:24 PM
[QUOTE=Delphy]This update adds some very nice changes - not least of which, finally a user level Mods folder that bypasses assembly signing. The question is - do mods put in this new folder have the Custom Content flag, and do they show in Show Custom Content in game?

Let us know your thoughts![/QUOTE

I dont know how to get it to work, I moved it from the program files but..ugh HELP
Scholar
#86 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:33 PM
@ruthiecutes
have you moved the resource.cfg INSIDE the mods folder?
have you edited the resource.cfg? see post #27
Test Subject
#87 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:35 PM
Default Ah ha!
Quote: Originally posted by VoiceIHear
ugh, I get the 'your sims 3 base game is incompatible with your current sims 3 expansion pack. Please update your game via the game launcher.' error. Of course, I can't update through the game launcher, so I don't know. I think I'll just wait until tomorrow when the game is released here and see if installing Ambitions fixes the problem. gahhh.

EDIT: So I just decided to uninstall and reinstall world adventures and redownload the patch. All appears to be going well. I think, that either it was because I left the CC in the folder, or that I prematurely started the game before the patching had properly finished.

I had the EXACT same issue. Only a reinstall fixed it.
Test Subject
#88 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:53 PM
Okay, I am having a problem. I installed this new patch last night after I backed up my saved games and also the mods folder, I believe. I didn't take out my mods folder, but rather directly got into my game (I only have the base game). It loaded really, really slow and at the end of the loading process for my saved game, it just stopped. It said it was loading it, but after two or three hours, it was still stuck at the end. So I just ended the task and tried to get in a little later. It only loaded halfway.

Has anyone had this problem and do they know how to fix it? I just updated Twallan's SuperComputer mod to fit with this new patch this morning, but I don't know think that was where my problem was...
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:54 PM
I've just uploaded a Mac Framework installer for the new methods (following Granthes's advice).

Until it gets through the mod queue, I've also uploaded it to my 4shared for my blog.
http://www.4shared.com/file/WCo8Uim..._Installer.html

Mac-tastic Sims 3 - Tips and tutorials for making the most out of your Sims 3 experience on Mac :D
http://www.mactasticsims3.com
Test Subject
#90 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candlelight82
@ruthiecutes
have you moved the resource.cfg INSIDE the mods folder?
have you edited the resource.cfg? see post #27

i have done both and still half my cc and new downloads that go through the sims installer do not show up in games new or old.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#91 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 4:31 PM
If you're having problems with the patch...

Please remember to post about it in the Help section. There, we can help you one-on-one figure out what the problem is, and see if there's a solution. This also helps us with bug tracking as we can keep the info in one place and not get one person's problem confused with another.

If you are having problems, issues, errors, or questions related to the patch, please post in the Help section!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#92 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
If you're having problems with the patch...

Please remember to post about it in the Help section. There, we can help you one-on-one figure out what the problem is, and see if there's a solution. This also helps us with bug tracking as we can keep the info in one place and not get one person's problem confused with another.

If you are having problems, issues, errors, or questions related to the patch, please post in the Help section!

Can you start a thread or something for this patch there? I cannot figure out how to post a question there.
Test Subject
#93 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:13 PM
ea, once again you screw me over. i tried to update my games and it gave me invalid file error YET AGAIN. so i replaced all the files i modded, and still fail. so i backed up my data folder and un and reinstalled the games which was a pain in the ass since it kept refusing to uninstall completely without the help of a forceuninstaller. so after about 6 hours i got everything installed and updated and lo and behold, my "official" mods refuse to work. beautiful. so i say screw it and go through the whole reinstall process, this time alot faster because it actually wanted to work, and just updated only to the patch before it. and wouldnt you know it? even though i did everything properly and made it as though i never did anything, MY SAVES I SPEND HOURS AND HOURS ON REFUSE TO LOAD BECAUSE THE GAME "CANT FIND THE EXPANSION DATA THEY WERE MADE WITH" EVEN THOUGH I COMPLETELY REPLACED THE MODS FOLDER IN PROGRAM FILES AND ONLY HAVE HELS AND IM TRYING TO LOAD THEM IN HELS! ea, i LOATHE you.
Forum Resident
#94 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:22 PM
About time EA fixed some issues like individual roof slopes in build mode!!! EA are finally listening to people! But of course it wouldn't be EA if they didn't put ads in their games! Thanks for that.....

Gonna get Ambitions once i get money, although it's not out 'till Friday in Ireland.

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Test Subject
#95 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:36 PM
my resource.cfg just looks like a blank page, in its thumbnail picture, and when I go to open it doesn't have an open with option, just a open then windows trys to find software that will open it, I know I am doing it wrong... so can you help me? thanks.
Test Subject
#96 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:51 PM
Default Edit resource.cfg
Quote: Originally posted by purpleto2800
my resource.cfg just looks like a blank page, in its thumbnail picture, and when I go to open it doesn't have an open with option, just a open then windows trys to find software that will open it, I know I am doing it wrong... so can you help me? thanks.

You have to open it with Notepad, right click in the file and choose "open with"....then selec Notepad.

If this not work just change the .cfg to .txt, made the changes to the file, save it and return the extension to .cfg
Test Subject
#97 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:54 PM
done that, and I fixed everything it looks like this now.

Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/.package

however when I go to save it as resource.cfg now it looks like a note instead of a blank peace of paper like it use to is this ok or what?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#98 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:56 PM
Locking this thread, as issues regarding the patch continue to be posted here despite three prominent notifications that they belong on their own threads in Help rather than here.

If you need help with the patch or are having any problems, issues, errors, or questions related to the patch, please post a new thread of your own in the Help section.
Locked thread
Page 4 of 4