Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#1901 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@LFact if you like that kind of thing you will like the lots by Fuzzy. https://fuzzyspork.tumblr.com/tagged/my+lots/page/3 Starting on page 3 she has lots built as all kinds of objects. :D

Though I don't think I would play with those lots, finding such unexpectedly makes my day.

If you remember Monique's old hacked bookcases, you'd like this: https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...gift-heres-some
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1902 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 5:03 PM
Ooh, she has a bunch of goodies in there! But yes, I especially appreciate you pointing out the bookcase-enabling for those sculptures, LFact. Finally, finally a way to have studying from a books object that isn't a bookcase.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Instructor
#1903 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
Ooh, she has a bunch of goodies in there! But yes, I especially appreciate you pointing out the bookcase-enabling for those sculptures, LFact. Finally, finally a way to have studying from a books object that isn't a bookcase.

Also check mutske's Maxis decoration addon set and other extracted decos:
https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...base/id/733380/
https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...ooks/id/722914/
https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...-ons/id/800707/
(includes extracted books working as bookcases. I'm sure there're updated version of books...)
Forum Resident
#1904 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 12:52 AM
Thank you, LFact! Yeah, I didn't realize those were out there either.

Though what I especially liked about what midge did (from your earlier post today) was that she made Maxis stuff functional, so I don't have to add more items to my catalogs...I hate when I can't find stuff, argh, and so I have a low tolerance for an overstuffed catalog. (I'm a huge fan of default replacing for CAS stuff too.)

Ooh, speaking of mods and modded objects that can help reduce catalog clutter, Nopke has a new time/weather controller on the "unpublished" area of his site.

I've been using it in my game and can recommend it. In addition to finally being the one object that simultaneously can replace both the Day Setter and Paladin's (SimWardrobe's) Season and Weather Controller (only available link is to an SFS archive because SimWardrobe is closed), it also does at least two things that I don't believe any of our other hacked objects do:
  • sets game time to the minute and
  • sets outdoor temperature in 20-degree increments.

Plus it has some batbox/Blender-like ability to set type of precipitation and amount of accumulation.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Scholar
#1905 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 2:15 AM
Ooh, speaking of mods and modded objects that can help reduce catalog clutter, Nopke has a new time/weather controller on the "unpublished" area of his site.

I can't wait for these unpublished mods of Nopke's! There's a few that I am really, really interested in. Hopefully they will be made, courtesy of Nopke! :lovestruc

Thanks for sharing, I never knew of this "unpublished" site thing of Nopke's.
Alchemist
#1906 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I can't wait for these unpublished mods of Nopke's! There's a few that I am really, really interested in. Hopefully they will be made, courtesy of Nopke! :lovestruc

Thanks for sharing, I never knew of this "unpublished" site thing of Nopke's.

You don't have to wait - they've already been made, and they're available for download on that link.
Forum Resident
#1907 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 3:32 AM
@Fyren5 You're very welcome. But actually, the news gets even better: you can download all of those "unpublished" mods of Nopke's already!

I should have clarified that although he calls them unpublished, he seems to mean simply that they are not yet uploaded anywhere other than his own site and that (I assume) he considers them still in testing. (So you can leave him direct feedback using the box underneath his list of the unpublished, and I'm sure he'll appreciate it if you find any bugs or just have observations about how they work, or if there are ways in which they don't.)

So you can just head right back to his "unpublished" page and look near the top. There's a hotlink that reads, "Unpublished packages on Sim File Share." Click that, and you'll see that there's a whole SFS page with each of the unpublished mods listed and clickable for download.
(But I know, yay, right? He's got some great ones!)

ETA: sooo ninja'd by omglo, lol.

Scholar
#1908 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
You don't have to wait - they've already been made, and they're available for download on that link.

Fyren5 You're very welcome. But actually, the news gets even better: you can download all of those "unpublished" mods of Nopke's already!

I should have clarified that although he calls them unpublished, he seems to mean simply that they are not yet uploaded anywhere other than his own site and that (I assume) he considers them still in testing. (So you can leave him direct feedback using the box underneath his list of the unpublished, and I'm sure he'll appreciate it if you find any bugs or just have observations about how they work, or if there are ways in which they don't.)

So you can just head right back to his "unpublished" page and look near the top. There's a hotlink that reads, "Unpublished packages on Sim File Share." Click that, and you'll see that there's a whole SFS page with each of the unpublished mods listed and clickable for download.
(But I know, yay, right? He's got some great ones!)

ETA: sooo ninja'd by omglo, lol.

Thank you both so much!! I'll be grabbing them right now!! :lovestruc
Instructor
#1909 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 11:50 AM
'Practice writing' global mod(for normal computers) and custom importable resource package for Monique's hacked computer: https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...n-to-requests-i
(I don't know if it can raise writing skill point? If you want to check hidden skills such as writing, dancing... check this: https://modthesims.info/d/208176/sh...-of-wisdom.html)
Theorist
#1910 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 9:27 PM
Recently I was fixin the memories of one of my hoods. That got me thinkin it would be nice if there was a list of the memories to be able to see them easier than just in SimPE. So if anyone else was thinkin of tweakin memories here's a listin of them to help ya out. I know it's helped me

*Mind .. these are just the EAxis memories and not any CC ones.
Instructor
#1911 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 12:38 PM Last edited by LFact : 19th Jul 2019 at 12:50 PM.
Instructor
#1912 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 8:36 AM
Instructor
#1913 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 11:55 AM Last edited by LFact : 22nd Jul 2019 at 12:27 PM.
Well, after trying Midge the tree's 'Study all skills from books': I can say it will work for any bookcase, vanilla or CC, for it is a global mod. Con is, looks like this mod removes life skill study menu(FT&AL) from bookcases(modded books like this won't be affected at all).

Mods and CCs for faster skill learning:
https://modthesims.info/d/329089/st...lls-faster.html
http://affinitysims.com/index.php?/...38-turbo-easel/
http://affinitysims.com/index.php?/...or-al-versions/
Of course, there's always Easy Computer. Rebecah updated it for later EPs.

CtfG's 'Magic~' object series is mostly outdated, but the mirror will raise your charisma point faster if it works: https://modthesims.info/d/198495/ga...update-ssn.html
(I think there's no enthusiasm for 'practice speech')

If you want cheat: https://modthesims.info/d/293562/bo...02-09-2009.html
Alchemist
#1914 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
Well, after trying Midge the tree's 'Study all skills from books': I can say it will work for any bookcase, vanilla or CC, for it is a global mod. Con is, looks like this mod removes life skill study menu(FT&AL) from bookcases(modded books like this won't be affected at all).

I'm sure that wasn't intended. You should let MtT know, so it can be fixed.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1915 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 11:28 PM
[/url]

Yes, ^ Midge or @Radium will want to know about that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#1916 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 1:54 AM
Thanks for @ing me, Jo! @LFact do you mean the study fire safety/parenting/etc interactions? Because I still see those in the bookcase pie menu in my game with the "study all skills" mod in place. Is it possible you have some mod that is conflicting with "study all skills"?

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Instructor
#1917 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Is it possible you have some mod that is conflicting with "study all skills"?

I don't have any other global mod for bookcase, but I have some skill-related mods, such as 'Community lot skilling'. But it can be anything I've never expected.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1918 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Thanks for @ing me, Jo! LFact do you mean the study fire safety/parenting/etc interactions? Because I still see those in the bookcase pie menu in my game with the "study all skills" mod in place. Is it possible you have some mod that is conflicting with "study all skills"?

Thought it might be the easiest way.

I don't have any other global mod for bookcase, but I have some skill-related mods, such as 'Community lot skilling'. But it can be anything I've never expected.

I haven't tried this mod of MTT's but most people use CLS so I doubt its that.
A couple of other mods that deal with books is the group toddler and child read a story mod and the one that makes books more autonomous.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#1919 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 5:36 AM
I haven't tried this mod of MTT's but most people use CLS so I doubt its that.
A couple of other mods that deal with books is the group toddler and child read a story mod and the one that makes books more autonomous.

Yes, exactly - the concern with conflicts is more with mods that affect bookcase/books rather than those that affect skilling, since the mod only overrides semiglobals that affect bookcases/books and only bookcases/books, so CLS is safe but other book/bookcase related mods might not be. I included a version that's autonomous and said to use it and make sure it loads after mrclopes's mod if you want enabled autonomy for reading books and all the other autonomy adjustments from mrclopes's mod, but the "read a story" mod is one I didn't think to check and you're right that it probably conflicts with study all skills as well.

I know you said you have no other bookcase-related mods, but it doesn't hurt to run the HCDU just to be sure, if you haven't already. Since I haven't been able to replicate your problem in my own game I'm not sure what explanation there could be other than mod conflict, unless it's an issue that only affects one of the versions but I double-checked them all in SimPE and everything seemed to be in order.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1920 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 6:08 AM
I had a conflict with the toddler group read to mod and auto read mod and the creator of the toddler one made another version. Sorry, I can't think of the name of the mod or creator. (even though I can picture her avatar on Tumblr) I know it's in my mods folder but yeah... that really needs some better organization as I don't know where in there I filed it.

The other thing is the traits project and I wonder how all of those will play with existing mods. One reason I have yet to use more than a couple.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#1921 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 6:46 AM
Unfortunately, Simwardrobe utilities never worked for me, IIRC.(Maybe they don't like Korean Windows )
Instead of conflict report, all I can see is error report with 'unrecoverble error'(nevermind the folder names):

Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility - Version 2.00.03

Error: 5
Invalid procedure call or argument

Module: modSimsPackage
Procedure: gsOpenPackageFile

Install Path: E:\Game\Sims2Util
Data Path: C:\Users\W10HomeMain\Documents
Sims Path: E:\Game\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base

Additional Error Data:
Filename = C:\Users\W10HomeMain\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\downloads\Fix\CJH_housekeeprFix.package
Alchemist
#1922 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 1:06 PM
I had a conflict with the toddler group read to mod and auto read mod and the creator of the toddler one made another version. Sorry, I can't think of the name of the mod or creator.

Omglo/EarlyPleasantview?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#1923 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 2:47 PM
Yep, and the Listen to Story mod edits the pie menu functions and strings for books (but not bookcases).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1924 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Omglo/EarlyPleasantview?

Yes, Early Pleasantview I went and looked through my follows. Is Early Pleasantview Omglo?

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#1925 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 7:42 PM
The other thing is the traits project and I wonder how all of those will play with existing mods. One reason I have yet to use more than a couple.

Funny, I am already working on that as my next thread to start, since I've got most of the traits mods in my game and did a bunch of troubleshooting to get them all working. (There were many, many HCDU-reported conflicts with my existing mods; however, load order fixed the majority of them, so I'm planning to give the details for each in the thread.)

Should have that thread up by the weekend, if not earlier---will love having others report their experiences, and hopefully the whole thing will be helpful to all the modders actively working with traits. (I will link to/from it also from our main existing thread on traits for TS2, to keep all that info together.)

Page 77 of 119