Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 11:14 AM
Default Can't get past the loading screen, game freezes and closes.
Hello~

First of all, I'm really sorry if this isn't the right section to post this, but the Help section is only for Sims 2 and 3 right and not for Medieval? Or so I thought.

Here's my problem:

If I open the Sims Medieval launcher the right screen doesn't load properly but I can still click the play button. So when I hit the play button the game starts and the intro movie works fine. After the intro movie comes the loading screen. It doesn't load nor does it show the pictures and then after a few seconds the game closes itself, and I get a message saying that there was some sort of error and that the game had to be closed...

Ever since I installed Pirates & Nobles expansion I have this problem (meaning that I haven't been able to play the expansion). Of course I uninstalled the expansion pack but I still have the same problem.
And I also can't uninstall the Sims Medieval because when I try to do that, I get an error message saying that it couldn't be uninstalled...

Now of course I deleted the cache files, CC, and User files but that didn't help.

Does anyone else have this problem too? Or does anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advance and for your time!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 6:20 PM
It sounds like something got jaked up in your game installation. Unfortunately you will have to uninstall and reinstall to fix it. However you said it gives an error when you try to uninstall.

Some things that might help,

Try installing Medieval without uninstalling it. If some files are missing this may fix it.
Try a Clean Uninstaller. Google it. Some are freeware, so give it a try.
You could manually remove Medieval by deleting the install folders. Remember this won't remove any registry changes.
Finally, you could reinstall your OS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 6:56 PM
Thank you so so much~ I didn't know about those Clean uninstallers. It helped and I reinstalled it and it's working properly now!
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th May 2012 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AyuHamasaki01
Thank you so so much~ I didn't know about those Clean uninstallers. It helped and I reinstalled it and it's working properly now!
Thank you very much!

Did you reinstalled your OS??