Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Game crashes when using particular CC objects
This happened twice when I was building a high school lot and I placed the desks and chairs from Pocci's TCL Anniversary Set -pic (because photobucket is being a pain in the neck). I moved on to building other rooms and after a few seconds, the game froze up and crashed. I tried again the second time and it crashed again. This only happened with the particular CC objects and I had to place the files in quarantine and figure out why's causing the game to crash. Does anyone else have this set and ever had this happen to them or is it the lot that I'm building somehow become corrupted/conflicting CC? I ran Delphy's Dashboard and nothing seems to be the cause. Help, I really like the desk and chair..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 5:41 PM
I don't have that set but as I said in the other thread here, Dashboard is not 100% accurate. You can have bad cc, even though Dashboard shows everything to be fine. If the crashing happens only with those objects, then they are the most likely cause. Have you tried to redownload that set, just to see if yours have gotten corrupted/broken?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
If they're corrupted, why not simply replace them with the download from your link?

Thanks, I'll re-download the file again and test them again. I checked the files with S3PE and they opened up fine, but who knows?

It is unlikely to be a lot corruption b/c you are allowed to build on it. In a corrupted lot, typically the moment you enter build mode, it crashes. This had happened to me before.

That's good to know as I spent almost three hours on that lot and I don't want to have to re-build another one again. However, the second time I entered the lot and tried to build again, it crashed almost instantly. I figured I had some bad CC on the lot and tried using the sledgehammer tool to delete the upper storey where the CC were placed(it has two storeys)when the game froze, then crashed and burned. I forgot to add this earlier in my post.

There is one other possibility and likely if you are building a huge lot. You may have run out of RAM. This occurs when I build megamalls on 60x60 lots and spending a lot of time in them. But usually you get warning signs such as the cursor no longer loads and defaults to the Windows cursor. That's usually indication for me to save and quit the game. However, there have been instances where it suddenly crashes.

Yes, it is likely. It's a 40x40 lot and there are a lot of walls since it's a high school building. This might be and issue as well with my laptop's RAM because I play for hours without saving, and then it crashes. I hate when this happens.