Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 12:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Skin and genetics glitches in game
Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my sim male skins. So in CAS it looks all good but the moment I go in game the skin looks so off. Even the genetics in game doesn't match how I see my sims in CAS. First I thought it was caused by one skin so I changed the skin and then went into game mode but it still looks weird. I also went through my mods folder to look for mods / CC that could be conflicting but I really don't see which mod should cause this. Also all my settings are set on high, I have the HD mod installed and this only happening with my male sims so not my female sims.

Here are pic's how my sim look in CAS:

Here's a pic how my sim look in game:

If someone could point me on what I can do that would be highly appreciated! Thanks
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:17 PM
I...don't really see anything wrong? Can you point out what part of the skin looks off? Otherwise it just seems like an issue with outdoors overhead lighting vs. the uniform lighting of CAS.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:50 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 8th Jan 2018 at 4:54 PM.
If you mean the patch below his nose then that's because of your slider use. These distortions can happen and they are already visible in CAS. Nose and mouth sliders do not always work well together.
If you mean the scowl then that's probably because Sims in CAS are always smiling. If you try to counter that by turning the mouth shape and mouth corners down you will end up with a permanently grumpy Sim in-game. Get a mod that stops the smiling in CAS to have better results.