Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 11:10 PM Last edited by tysika : 12th Jan 2018 at 11:56 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default No world caches generated, world crashes after certain amount of time
I've noticed my starlight shores world is not generating world caches. It would crash after a certain amount of play time, I suspect this is because my simcompositorcache file has hit its max of 500mb. Other worlds also do not generate world caches. I've applied ellacharmed fixed world to starlight shores by replacing the old file (i have backup). But I do think this is the problem because other vanilla worlds are not generating caches either. And I'm 99% sure this is why my game is crashing (frozen). I've never seen this before

And thanks guys for always helping me on my previous problems :lovestruc
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 12:06 AM
Base game and EP worlds don't create world caches, only custom and Store worlds do. What you are seeing is correct, worlds that don't create world caches use the simcompositor and compositor caches instead.
If it is only Starlight Shores that crashes for you I'd guess that this may be caused by something else that is going on in that game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 12:22 AM
Oh wow totally a dumb moment. I haven't played EA worlds in forever.

My starlight shores problem puzzles me because it's a small world, and I haven't installed anything new (some hair maybe). Not sure why it's always freezing and not unfreezing, I end up having to use task manager to quit. I checked the ram usage too and it was barely 2gb... I have much ram leftover.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
What you are seeing is correct, worlds that don't create world caches use the simcompositor and compositor caches instead.

They also have static caches, in the [Install Location]\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 [EP Name]\Caches folder.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 2:42 AM
@simsample I'm guessing I can't delete that cache, can I? xD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:28 AM
Yes, it should force the game to build a dynamic cache instead. I'm not sure what the static cache for that world contains as I don't have that EP installed- but as long as you backup the file somewhere safe it would be worth seeing if this helps with your problem.

You may find that the world lags when it is initially played for a while as the cache is rebuilt, this is normal and also occurs if you delete the static cache for, say, Sunset Valley.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:14 AM
Okay I will try deleting it (making a bckup ofc). And It's not freezing/unfreezing, maybe a better way to describe it would be crash. It never unfreezes... I think it's because the simcompositor cache is full so it cannot write more stuff so it crash, but idk. I don't have this problem in bigger custom worlds that have been played for a long time.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:20 PM Last edited by tysika : 13th Jan 2018 at 10:13 PM.
I have nraas errortrap and overwatch. Mc and sp too :/ I removed the static cache, and it did create a dynamic cache, but still the crashing happens. I did notice while the game was frozen (crashed) the ram usage spikes up constantly.

EDIT: I tried the total reset on mc, the first time it didn't help, but I tried it again and now it doesn't crash... :O Confused but I'll take it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:59 AM
Thanks for the tips! I didn't know about the jigs thing. I apparently flushed 100+ .jig items o_O, but yeah I resetted like 4 or 5 times. The game runs fine now, thankfully. It was just really frustrating before bc it kept crashing under 30min.
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:10 AM Last edited by Drex Ler : 9th Feb 2018 at 1:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
They also have static caches, in the [Install Location]\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 [EP Name]\Caches folder.

@simsample

My girlfriend and I have eliminated the static caches of some EA worlds Sims 3 (we started with Oasis Landing and followed almost everyone else). The game does not generate new static caches and is running faster. We have NRAAS Errortrap and Overwatch, but we are not using personalized content. We are experimenting, but we have not had problems and the game works better for us.

We are trying.
Do you think we could have problems in the future?
Thank you, we admire you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:13 AM
[I also replied to @Drex Ler via PM]
No, it should be fine. The worlds you are playing will use dynamic caches in the Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches folder instead.
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
[I also replied to @Drex Ler via PM]
No, it should be fine. The worlds you are playing will use dynamic caches in the Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches folder instead.

@simsample, teacher, thank you very much!
Withdrawing all those caches, the game is released almost eleven gigs. It is fabulous to see the speed at which it starts, it has not frozen in a week of playing three hours a day and the CAS, which was where most freezes had before, works perfectly.
With the free play of these files, we have been able to recover games that we discarded because they became impossible to play.
Sims 4, with all the expansions and updated to the day, it takes in our computers between ten and twelve minutes to open and be ready to play ... Sims 3 (our favorite, in everything and everything), without these caches, is taking eight minutes!
We have installed ten worlds in the store and some customized ones. It took us only two minutes to move from one world to another (future, vacation or university) and, of course, we visited some using NRAAS Traveler.
CAW and Super CAW are working perfectly. It's not just that they do not have problems, but that they do not get blocked at any time.
The game is faster, our sims feel happier and we enjoy them much more.
Many people, over the years, have been discouraged by the problems of freezing that sometimes has Sims 3. Would it be appropriate to write a tutorial to help everyone to make their game faster without making difficult or strange changes?
Thank you, @simsample, teacher and friend. Thank you, not only for this, but for all the years of dedication and for sharing your knowledge so generously.

Those who grew up with the game of Sims 3, and who still prefer it and play, we thank you and we admire you.

---------------------------------------------------------------
(Comentario en castellano)
¡@simsample, maestro, muchas gracias!
Retirando todas esas caches, el juego se ve liberado de casi once gigas. Es fabuloso ver la velocidad en que se inicia, no se ha congelado en una semana de jugar tres horas por día y el CAS, que era donde más congelamientos tenía antes, funciona perfectamente.
Con el juego libre de estos archivos, hemos podido recuperar partidas que desechamos porque se volvieron imposibles de jugar.
Sims 4, con todas las expansiones y actualizado al día, tarda en nuestras computadoras entre diez y doce minutos en abrirse y estar listo para jugar... ¡Sims 3 (nuestro favorito, en todo y por todo), sin estas caches, está tardando ocho minutos!
Hemos instalado diez mundos de la tienda y algunospersonalizados. Tardamos solamente dos minutos en pasar de un mundo a otro (futuro, vacaciones o universidad) y, por supuesto, visitamos algunos usando NRAAS Traveler.
CAW y Super CAW están funcionando perfectamente. No es solo que no tengan problemas, sino que no se bloquean en ningún momento.
El juego se agiliza, nuestros sims se sienten más felices y nosotros los disfrutamos mucho más.
Mucha gente, a lo largo de los años, se ha desanimado por los problemas de congelación que a veces tiene Sims 3. ¿Sería conveniente escribir un tutorial para ayudar a todos a que su juego se volviera más rápido sin hacer modificaciones difíciles o extrañas?
Gracias, @simsample, maestro y amigo. Gracias, no solo por esto, sino por todos los años de dedicación y por compartirnos tus conocimientos tan generosamente.

Quienes crecimos con el juego de Sims 3, y quienes todavía lo preferimos y jugamos, te agradecemos y te admiramos.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:23 PM
Quote:
Many people, over the years, have been discouraged by the problems of freezing that sometimes has Sims 3. Would it be appropriate to write a tutorial to help everyone to make their game faster without making difficult or strange changes?

I'm afraid a "one size fits all" tutorial would only provide minimal help as everyone plays on different systems with different capabilites and limitations as well as using different combinations of Mods and custom content installed in individual games.

We do have a document over at NRaas to assist with performance issues, suggestions to maintain a healthy game as well as tips for troubleshooting in game issues in general: Tips For Better Game Performance