Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 11:26 PM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 12th Dec 2022 at 11:44 PM.
Default The Lost Islands - Neighbourhood Atoll Project
A neighbourhood of two tribes, dog, cats, wolves and fish.

Ultimate Collection is required unfortunately as that is the version I have.
a camera mod is required to access the stilted archipelago
43 lots
18 Community lots (3 owned business lots, 3 lots with graves [Sand bar, Canis graveyard, Micropelego crypt] )
24 residential lots (14 occupied, 8 unoccupied ocean bound lots, )
only lots on the pier can be moved. the ocean lots have no roads to snap to, the archipelago lots are ocean lots, the village lots reach into the ocean.

memories are not polished, nor intertribal relations fully fleshed out yet.

can be played without mods, although mods listed below are technically required for the history of the second tribe to make sense. (As what kind of merman or mermaid wouldn't have a tail?)
I'm unsure of their policies so I have linked to their sites.
Marvine - Mesh of mermaid tail.
(http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...qk6d4gjanjilo1))

Midge - Mods (https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/) specifically the Mermaid_trait.

Mermaid overlay (I personally use Lifa's version) "Nameless but Awake"
Lifa - Overlay
https://withlovefromsimtown.tumblr....rnatural-addons

other mods are as desired.
Atoll hood download: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3591243/
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 11:49 PM
Any feedback from those who downloaded the hood?
Theorist
#3 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 9:23 PM
Thank you for up this theme with your second message. I won't have noticed if you did not mentioned. I like this hood. The idea is groundbreaking. Works fine mostly.
Here are some notes:
1. The volcano hold has shooting pixel issue described by me in this thread. Those issue is caused by lots on uneven levels. You can re enter the lot in question and look if there are no any other lot on the horison with unassigned terrain. In this case i found it is Yauht. You could enter Yauht lot save and leave. That's how the issue can be solved. Check out for other lots. This can be not the only one.
2. Some household names and sims names are using default townie names in my language. You should set english as default for each of txt descriptions in SimPe.
3. The community lots has a lot of fire alarms which are kinda useless. Just to note that fire can't happen on community lots and sims can't die on community lots. Until you intentionly have some certain mods for that.
4. Boats has some weird eyepricking piers attached. Well. I remember myself to play roadless Northeney. When you call for repairman and nodoby comes. Kind of extremely gameplay. But I did play without roads. Your weird piers can be easily wiped. Which I rather could do when play. I like those piers however. Some gonna like it.
5. Why there is no lot with pirate ship from bon voyage? There is first which come in mind when look at your hood. You could have add one or two somewhere at the coastline. It suits your design very much
6. Drowned pirate ship hood deco from bv can be nice as well.

I think that's all. Thank you for your neighborhood.
Regards Vic

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 11:15 PM
Thanks for your reply.
1. per the photos attached this is the issue you've noted? (Purple flashing is due to Hugelotzz by LazyDuchess and misaligned multilevel flooring)
2. Admittedly didn't know this so thanks. Will update accordingly.
3. I do play with fire and death on community lots. Adds a bit of realism but with consensus I will remove them.
4. I added the piers to account for the roads being needed on residential lots, errors occurred with the first iterations when they did not have roads, some of the boats aren't large enough to hide it inside. Do you know of any examples of roadless residential lots? (just seen Northeney, a TS3 world, gourgeous!)
5. ... Didn't cross my mind even despite having so many shipwrecks, haha. I will endeavour to add it somewhere.
6. I thought I had placed it down at some point, must have deleted it by mistake.
Screenshots
Theorist
#5 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 11:28 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 26th Dec 2022 at 12:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Thanks for your reply.
1. per the photos attached this is the issue you've noted? (Purple flashing is due to Hugelotzz by LazyDuchess and misaligned multilevel flooring)

Hmm no. I don't have Hugelotzz. This might be a cause of purple flashing. But not shooting pixel I found. As I see you has issues that I don't have, and I have that you don't.
Do you know of any examples of roadless residential lots?

Mm. No what errors occured on your roadless lots?

The wreck on the Northener has the Shocking Spotted Flamingo on it. Delete it.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 12:56 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 26th Dec 2022 at 2:47 AM.
Could you provide a picture of the shooting pixel on the Volcano hold lot? I have modified the lots slightly and not seen any such issue.
The Hugelotzz bug is known and I have rectified it just now.
I've found the flamingo and it is now gone.
Added in both the shipwrecks.

community lots can be without roads but a residential lot cannot due to Sims needing transport to work/services, that's what the piers are for.
Screenshots
Theorist
#7 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 10:19 AM
Could you provide a picture of the shooting pixel on the Volcano hold lot? I have modified the lots slightly and not seen any such issue.

I don't quite understand how to name those triangle. This is one random pixel which starts to glitch once I enter the lot. The reason are those ships near the horizon with terrain cutouts. And there are many. Once I enter those ships save and exit, or if I shrink visible area, it's gone.
The Hugelotzz bug is known and I have rectified it just now.
I've found the flamingo and it is now gone.
Added in both the shipwrecks.

community lots can be without roads but a residential lot cannot due to Sims needing transport to work/services, that's what the piers are for.

I redisigned the pier to somethin like... lifeguard ship I think? In this design cars appear in the middle and then disappear after they hit the lot edge.

And here is my sketchy attempt to make the underwater temple into diving spot.
Both looks odd in game because cars move to nowhere and sims swim through floor But I think there is an advantage. The pier is not that eye pricking from neighborhood view. And diving spot looks kinda nice with custom invisible tiles.

Forum Resident
#8 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
The community lots has a lot of fire alarms which are kinda useless. Just to note that fire can't happen on community lots and sims can't die on community lots. Until you intentionly have some certain mods for that.

Fires can happen on community lots in OFB if they are owned, yes? I've had it happen many times. I usually put both a sprinkler and a fire alarm in community lots where ever that is prone to happening, causing fire truck to respond like in real life. Now if I can just figure out how to make a custom fire alarm that looks and sounds like the kind you see in real life community lots...
Theorist
#9 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
Fires can happen on community lots in OFB if they are owned, yes? I've had it happen many times. I usually put both a sprinkler and a fire alarm in community lots where ever that is prone to happening, causing fire truck to respond like in real life. Now if I can just figure out how to make a custom fire alarm that looks and sounds like the kind you see in real life community lots...

yes, fire can start on owned businesses (thanks sims wiki)

I do not insist on delete it. I am into sense when place it. For example in my victorian neighborhood I do not place fire alarms at all because they are not existed those times.

Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 7:37 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 27th Dec 2022 at 9:54 AM.
File has been updated, Replaced piers except 1 with car ferry. lots still not showing pixel glitch nor terrain tearing since being saved.
Screenshots
Theorist
#11 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 5:38 PM
Heeey! Cool feature with car ferry. Looks really neat because you have car ferry dock! I will look through it but later.

I really would like to turn your underwater temple into diving spot. Something which look like Island Paradise diving lots. If you will give me permission I could do the same I did with Oken Valley. Leto shared her neighborhood and then I shared my lots as add-ons to her's. You can see some fruits of our collab in my profile page here at MTS.

Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 5:56 PM
Sure. I'd love to see what you come up with.
I will take 150% credit though /s
are you still getting the pixel glitch?

any thoughts on the Sims?
Theorist
#13 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 2:54 PM
No issues were spotted any more in Volcano Hold.
I noticed Misterious shipwreck and palm forest near Deans.
I like the changes you made. Great.

Theorist
#14 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 9:04 PM
Uh wait I just found.
Some of your lots (especially the Merfolk Temple) has no roads so there is no chance for someone to place it after I share. :p
Or
There is... but it needs some researching.

Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 1:47 AM
Every single lot except for the mainland's don't have neighbourhood roads to snap onto. send me through the hood version you've made if you can, if not then some pictures so I can attempt to replicate the stucture.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 4:17 AM
Poles between the Pool.
Screenshots
Theorist
#17 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 6:22 PM
Every single lot except for the mainland's don't have neighbourhood roads to snap onto. send me through the hood version you've made if you can, if not then some pictures so I can attempt to replicate the stucture.

Holiday time! i won't be available until winter events will end. Need to buy presents and finish all scripts for this year. Won't do anything for you this year already sorry. See you next year I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 8:44 AM
Not a problem, you've been a great help as is. See you in 2023
Theorist
#19 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 5:20 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 4th Jan 2023 at 5:58 PM. Reason: Ooops! I forgaaat
Okay here it is
I made your temple look like diving area for my taste. That's probably all I can do without mods. And now it looks like a lot where your sims could explore the sea bottom. All routes are accessible. Checked it with sims after have shared. Sims can "dive" in the pool with no issues. Try to do it with your sims and I suggest you to do it at night before 2AM
I used it with neighborhood decorations on lot. I edited just the ground level and placed few of decorations on table tops. I did not touch any other levels on the lot and anything else in your neighborhood. UPD: I forgot that I placed the wave breaker and coast water to the left of Ferry Terminal

Seems that it's safe to "install" lots on your neighborhood with just replacing corresponding package file into Lots folder. But I don't know if the lot packages from Lots folder are actually allowed for share on MTS. I could give it a try. But sounds risky.

At the end I have one important report. Once I decided to attach your neighborhood here to this post, the inspection system warned me your neighborhood has Super Duper Hug Bug.
You can find the tool to remove it here in third post. And there are some useful information there in dialogues about how to remove it. I had it once on my Palthville neighborhood and eliminated it fast. But I have few familes there and that took me a day. You have more and that will take you a while to inspect all your lots for this bug. But you have to do this and with this bug unfortunately you won't be available to share your neighborhood in MTS for sure.

Happy New Year!!! Reagrds Vic ^_^

Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 7:09 PM
your modifed version? because there are no downloaded socials nor downloaded lots in my version. Chris Hatch's superduperhugtest.package isn't firing in my lastest version.
it seems replacing the Ancient temple in the folder directly may have caused the bug. could you try uploading my latest version to this thread before you make that edit to the Temple lot.
Thanks.
Theorist
#21 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 9:40 PM
your modifed version? because there are no downloaded socials nor downloaded lots in my version. Chris Hatch's superduperhugtest.package isn't firing in my lastest version.
it seems replacing the Ancient temple in the folder directly may have caused the bug. could you try uploading my latest version to this thread before you make that edit to the Temple lot.
Thanks.

Still the same

I checked twice
Screenshots

Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 11:03 PM
So Chris Hatch's mod actually removes the Bug? Not just suppression of it?

because My intention was/is to upload here
Theorist
#23 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 12:11 AM
I don't know for sure. Guess it overrides the resources with right code. Superduper hug bug is something which sit in everyone's game like a debug thingie and may pop up in certain situations. Almost like cancer cells which also exist in everyone's body and can start to grow when something triggers it.

As Chris explained, after put it in downloads folder and entering a lot a notification appears with a picture of the grim reaper saying that the lot is infected by the bug and it will then remove it which seems to work like a charm.

Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 5:31 AM
Just confirmed SDH with my (ex) latest version. most recent is now deemed clear! (updated in Simfileshare link)
It was the Northerner, that wreck is still ruining lives long after it crashed.

I traced it to when I was sorting through the mods for the Merfolk, I must have put in and then pulled a social mod without having Boiling Oil's No Sim Loaded installed, Ironic as I set the hood up in AGS to avoid this issue and forgot to install the suppressor. I had all the others No unlinkondelete, nostrayrespawn etc.

I really like the modifications you've made to the Temple lot, those lamps, that's a lot of dedication for being only able to look down. Totally 'stealing' them... somehow. :D
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AT01.rar (127.53 MB, 2 downloads)
Theorist
#25 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 10:27 AM
Glad you like it. And happy you are stealing this for your project. Your attachement now looks more trustworthy.

I like your neighborhood. This is something I would happy to explore. Along with building my own British Victorian themed neighborhood.

Page 1 of 4