Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 10:01 AM
Anyone know a good skinning program other than photoshop?
Any arrows pointing me in the right direction because I have an issue here.

My free trial for paint/photoshop has run out and I rarely buy this sort of thing. I recoloured a few objects with the standard windows graphics program, Paint; but have found that there is drawbacks that make really hard to skin clothes in Paint - options that are making my life miserable.

Any good programs - or any tips on how to skin in Paint.

thanks in advance.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 12:26 PM
Please see the Skinning FAQ: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147479

I recommend getting a copy of Photoshop 7 for about $40 on eBay. GIMP is the best free program I've seen, but Photoshop is, well... better. And MS Paint is bad, mmkay? Don't use it to make textures.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 12:22 PM
I've heard of people who use Pixia to skin, which is also a free program. I think you can do some skinning with Paint.net as well (also free).
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 2:34 PM
MS Paint is a horrible skinning program and unless you intend to make shadows and such pixel by pixel (it can be done) I suggest Jasc Paint Shop Pro ($100). As far as free programs go, GIMP is really good.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 2:48 PM
i use paint.net and its easy to work out which is which and its good i think anywho plus its free
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 7:46 PM
I skin with Gimp right now. I'm getting Photoshop Elements with my new tablet but I haven't installed it yet. I like GIMP. It does everything, though it takes a bit to get used to. I have Paint.net and use it for screenshots, because it's smaller and uses fewer resources with the game open. It's more user friendly but it doesn't have as many features as Gimp does.

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 3:34 PM
Thanks
Hi, I have a slow comp so GIMP isn't an option, my houses server has it, it's brilliant but slows it down horribly. paint.net is perfect, I use it for everything now. Bye MS Paint!

Thanks for your help
abbeyb21
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:36 PM
Whoopee!!
My parents bought me an awesome comp upgrade! (fitted everything myself!)
now I have gimp and I am so happy