Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2024 at 4:16 PM Last edited by jungmcximoz : 6th May 2024 at 6:17 AM.
Can anyone review “Lot Income Rights” Mod + “MortgageShrubs” Mod?
These two mods are very interesting mods when in use together allow players to play a playable sim as being a landlord of apartment lots, hotel lots, dorms,other types residential lots in the Sims 2 and collect daily incomes from them!!!

“… Allows a sim to purchase "Income rights" for any lot and be designated as Income Rights owner. 

On Apartment Lots, Hotels, or Dorms, he will receive the rent or nightly room charges from those lots, using the special Lot Income cheques, included in the zip. 
To set up the system in each lot, Place a special painting which you can buy from buy mode on the lot you choose, then Teleport in the sim you choose as would-be Income rights owner and make him selectable to click a special painting to proceed the set up process. Or You have him build the lot, buy and place the painting on the lot. When you click on the painting, it will pop up the option to purchase the income rights over that lot. The would-be lot income rights owner will be charged an amount approximately what the lot itself would cost to buy. 

Once this has been done, your newly designated income rights owner can leave or even move out from that lot entirely because Being the designated income rights owner does not require him along with his household to be the lot-occupying owners and residents in the normal sense of the game. Any selectable Sim in the lot that has the designated income rights owner can be used by the player to choose and operate the other menu options on the painting to use the system or set up the rental charges for the designated income rights owner of the lot. (The Income Rights owner gets those charges, the rental incomes, at all times as if the lot were fully rented and Management company provided the staff and income guarantees for the income rights owner.)

After that, if you choose, you can also use any selectable Sim in that lot to click on the painting to unassign the already designated income rights owner of the lot. Your designated income rights owner Sim will be paid for the sale of the lot income rights at a depreciated rate, and his/her name will be cleared from the settings, and will no longer receive rent monies. You can then designate a new lot income rights owner if you choose.

On other types of residential lot such as normal houses, by the steps mentioned above, you can set up the lot income rights owner for a residential lot. Then placing Mortgage Shrubs on that lot, the lot income rights owner will be able to receive the interest or rental income - whichever way you prefer to think of it.
That will enable you to set up a normal residential lot to play as if a rented lot. By placing enough Mortgage shrubs on the lot in order to cover and simply cancel out the cost of the lot, then your next Sim residents will pay nothing to move in and just pay the daily interest or rent to the income rights owner ... ”

Here are the links to the mods:

https://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Page...2_LotRights.htm

https://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Page...2_Mortgages.htm

Please, can anyone review “Lot Income Rights” Mod and “MortgageShrubs” Mod?

In your experience, How is it like to play with these two mods?

Do they work as intended?

Do they have any errors, issues, or problems?

Thank you for your help and discussion, dear The Sims Community
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th May 2024 at 4:54 PM
Are you having problems with them?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th May 2024 at 5:25 PM
Can't say I've tried it but somehow I love the ideas of sims mortgages XD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2024 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
As far as I know there are no conflicts between either.

I have both in my game, and they work differently-the 'lot income' goes to the property owner who 'leases' it out.
The 'mortgage' shrub takes an amount out for one's own property to the tune of $100 per day (?).

I don't use either that much, but it cannot not impact the rent collected by the landlord should he want to rent out a place.

As far as I know, you can't use either for a 'rental income' or as a mortgage maker for apartments, dorms or hotels, because those are not ownable by players.

If you can't own the property, neither the lot 'Income' mod nor the mortgage shrub will work.

Houses, businesses and vacation properties you can lease out, because the player owns them outright.

That doesn’t seem quite the same to what the guidelines say about how it works in the description of the mod itself
(In the mod’s page, accessible by the link: https://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Page...2_LotRights.htm)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th May 2024 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jungmcximoz
That doesn’t seem quite the same to what the guidelines say about how it works in the description of the mod itself
(In the mod’s page, accessible by the link: https://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Page...2_LotRights.htm)

Reading that, your 'owner' is simply a sim you teleport over who you set as the 'owner'. They don't have to live on the lot at all.

The shrubs, which I do use, are simply plants that you place to decrees the price of a lot you want a sim to move into. They will -1000 and -10,000 the lot price and then they charge the sim some money each day.

I have never used the other mod but from the small print at the bottom "detected by the Lot Income Rights system as rent for the lot." It seems like the two mods can be linked. I assume the money the sim is charged then goes to the 'lot owner' rather than the air.

Sounds like something to test and mess around with.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~