Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2024 at 4:41 PM
Default What are the names of these hairs?
I want to delete these hairs but I can't find their names anywhere, does someone know their names?

Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2024 at 2:45 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th May 2024 at 2:32 AM.
Pack a sim with one of each hair, then use Clean Installer to see which hairs they are. Likely won't catch the mesh(es), but if you know the recolor it hopefully has the name of the mesh somewhere in the file/filename.

For future reference - I'm a huge believer in tooltips, so I'll usually change the tooltip (the "hovertext" when you mouse over the thumbnail in Bodyshop) to match the filename. Makes it a lot easier to find items you want to get rid of. You can do this with the tooltip tool, here:
https://modthesims.info/t/321239 (make sure to tick "change existing tooltip").
(Should work for any type of CAS recolor that has tooltips. Not sure if it can do merged CAS items, in case you use those - but tooltips can be edited/added in several other programs, too).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2024 at 12:16 AM
[QUOTE=moonlight__]I want to delete these hairs but I can't find their names anywhere, does someone know their names?

QUOTE]

Love your Sim!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2024 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Pack a sim with one of each hair, then use Clean Installer to see which hairs they are. Likely won't catch the mesh(es), but if you know the recolor it hopefully has the name of the mesh somewhere in the file/filename.

For future reference - I'm a huge believer in tooltips, so I'll usually change the tooltip (the "hovertext" when you mouse over the thumbnail in Bodyshop) to match the filename. Makes it a lot easier to find items you want to get rid of. You can do this with the tooltip tool, here:
https://modthesims.info/t/321239 (make sure to tick "change existing tooltip").
(Should work for any type of CAS recolor that has tooltips. Not sure if it can do merged CAS items, in case you use those - but tooltips can be edited/added in several other programs, too).

Thank you. I was actually deleting by putting the cursor on the CC, screenshoting it and locating it in my CC folder, but these hairs didn't have anything written. Hopefully this helps.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th May 2024 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
[QUOTE=moonlight__]I want to delete these hairs but I can't find their names anywhere, does someone know their names?

QUOTE]

Love your Sim!

Thank you! It's a first custom male sim in the catalog and I swapped the gender for the sake of showing the hairs. That poor sim is always a guinea pig for testing and deleting CC .