Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2015 at 12:51 AM
Default The corner desk
Hello. I want to test this desk in game for your sims. Its a corner desk I moved the chair and the slots for the new shape. Do I moved them correctly?

How the specular and normal looks? I know Im finishing the floor shadow. And its in eight colors Red, blue, orange, yellow black, white, green and brown. Does the colors looks good? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  necrodog-corner-desk.rar (2.16 MB, 32 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th May 2015 at 1:33 AM
Did you get the slots on your other desk to wrok properly?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2015 at 3:42 AM Last edited by necrodog : 7th May 2015 at 4:53 AM.
Good day plasticbox. I do my best to make the slots work properly for the other desk. Only the chair slot has a issue If you click directly on the computer and select an action the sim would not do it. You need to click on the desk chair, sit on the chair and then select and action from the computer. But the other decorative slots work fine. This desk has the same issue. Im working on it

Wohoo! I solved the issue. Now all the slots work correctly. Going to update this desk too.

ETA: The same proccess of the L desk dont work. I need to rotate the chair bone position but I cant.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th May 2015 at 10:23 AM
Ah, good to hear you got the other one fixed.

How do you mean you can't rotate the chair bone position? There should be fields for X Y Z rotation accessible in s4pe -- I've fiddled with that before and it did work. I believe Y is the top/bottom axis there though, and Z is forward/backward (unlike in e.g. blender where Z is up/down). Maybe that threw you off?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2015 at 6:03 PM
Yes, I dont know very much how to rotate the bone, but i found in s4studio the field for that but for example what do i need to put in there to rotate the chair 45 degrees???

Actually the bones are facing like the blue arrows, and I want facing like the red arrows. Any idea?

Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th May 2015 at 10:19 PM
If I were you I'd change one number at a time and test. The actual answer is probably somewhere on this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotation_matrix

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th May 2015 at 5:25 AM
Oh thats a helpful information. I rotate correctly the slots for the chair and sit individual and have this info. The sims 4 uses this type of rotation. form 0° to 360° on a clockwise direction. I have an image for example.

And I edited the rotation matrix from the transform place. It uses the y transformation. I have a image that explains more.

To do the trick. We need to obtain the sine and cosine of an angle but in radians. To obtain the radian we need to multiply ((degrees * PI)/ 180) when Pi= 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751
After obtaining the radian then use a cientific calculator to calculate the sine and cosine and put on the rotation matrix

So I ended rotating the chair slot by 135° and the sit individual slot by 315°. But still cant rotate the bones 135° for the chair bone and 315° for the sit individual.

I Attached a new file with the slots rotation.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  necrodog-corner-desk-v2.rar (2.16 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th May 2015 at 10:25 AM
Ah OK -- I didn't realise you had that part figured out already =). So in other words, slot rotation works differently from bone rotation, yes? (I was assuming they would be the same since the positions are the same)

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th May 2015 at 1:31 AM Last edited by necrodog : 10th May 2015 at 1:53 AM.
WOHO!! Good news. I post a message on sims4studio forum and they answer my question. You are alright plasticbox slots rotation is different than bone rotation. Bones uses quaternion to rotate. So the rotation matrix needs to be transformed into a quaternion and putted the four values that results in( x,y,z ,w ) in the position place. Andrew from sims4studio forum give ame an image and the correct values of the quaternion. here its a image example of the quaternion in blender console. The rotation matrix and the quaternion form.

Now the desk works correctly. Here its the final version

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  necrodog-corner-desk-v3.rar (2.16 MB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th May 2015 at 9:33 AM
Thanks for that info, good to know what was causing it. =)

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#11 Old 10th May 2015 at 3:04 PM
@necrodog
Normally when you're "done" with a feedback thread (uploaded the object, decided to scrap it, etc) you're supposed to delete your thread. In this case, with *this* thread - I'd like to ask that you NOT delete it. There's some handy information about slots and their rotation here that may be useful for others in the future.

Neat idea for a desk by the way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:14 AM Last edited by necrodog : 11th May 2015 at 4:19 AM.
Thanks mustluvscatz I enjoy creating this desk, I wont delete the thread. It would be a good idea if somebody lock it so i dont delete it by an error.

edit: ups dont lock yet, im working on a one tile version. For testing purpouses will be available soon.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:45 PM
Hi! I finish the one tile version. It works similar to the normal version, and only uses one tile and fits perfect on corners.

It uses the sames values and rotation matrix than the normal version. If this info is importan to some body. The values I used for the quaternion to rotate the bones of the chair sitindividual and sitshared are:

_ctnm_chr_0: ( the chair)
0,-0.923879981040955,0,0.382679998874664
_ctnm_(sitshared and individual):

and put them in the orientation place in the bones area. With this you rotate the bone of the chair by 135° and the sit individual and sit shared bones by 315°

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  necrodog-corner-desk-one-tile.rar (2.04 MB, 24 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th May 2015 at 1:24 AM
I think I finish this thread now and can be locked. Thanks =)