Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 12:07 PM
Default A shoppingtower...
Hi,

I'm new to this building thing, so I thought I post one of my first creations to get som feedback...
Any constructive criticism would be helpful..

[img]\\dell8200\dokument\The Sims 2\Egentillverkat\Byggnader\Kommersiellt\Sims-a-la-bim Shoppingtower- Perspectiv.jpg[/img]

Peace!

/ Schorm6
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 12:10 PM
umm there is no pic...

My Sims 2 Site
www.mbs2d.com
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 12:22 PM
Que?
That's strange... I see a picture, and when I posted, the preview showed a picture... I'm lost... It's a pity there's not any FAQ's or tutorials about posting or uploading..
I'll try again (please Moderators, donĀ“t bite my head of..) .-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 12:23 PM
Hope this'll work...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 12:35 PM
nope...it didn't work..i still can't see the pic..I read somewhere that it had to be in like a .bmp format or something like that..but it wasn't taking any .jpeg format...so you would have to convert it if you are posting it right out of the game files....
[ Edited 27-11-2004 12:36PM ]

My Sims 2 Site
www.mbs2d.com
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 6:14 PM
Another shot...

Instructor
#7 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 6:18 PM
very nice! although, the topmost part of the tower juts out w/ out any support....and I dunno if you meant it to be like that...but it just looks a bit weird. Sort of off kilter...it disrupts the sense of balance, if you will. but other than that, GREAT job!
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 6:20 PM
I've seen buildings kinda like that with an overhang w/o any seen support
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 6:28 PM
Pretty good... I don't like how the pond in the back is square with the lot border... It's too bad these things can't actually go anywhere... And it obviously isn't all that functional, since it is tower that is far off the road. That makes the sims have to walk alot more than they really need to, but you should already know all that...

In the future you can just use the attachment feature when posting. If the attachment is a picture it will display it at the end of the message.
[ Edited 27-11-2004 06:35PM ]

3/23/05 [05:26] -irc.thesimsresource.com- *** You are banned from The Sims Chat ([Girl-from-mars|TSR] banned)
^Proud to be banned :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 6:57 PM
Thanx for your input!

As for the overhang, yes it is intentionally created this way, and it is possible to do this without any visible supports (just did it at work on a courthouse that has an overhang of about 20 ft)...

hardon:

Good point, it IS a long way for the sims to walk!
But it could be worse... It could be like this... (another creation of mine)
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Nov 2004 at 12:12 PM
I really like your first one. It's the kind of place you'd expect to see elves or a wizard living, like in a kids book. (damnit, we need magic in this game!)

You should make a Residential version and upload it to the library.

[ Edited 04-12-2004 10:47AM ]
Field Researcher
#12 Old 28th Nov 2004 at 12:19 PM
Wow, i really liked this second place.. mainly the way that bridge curves down! And Pandaphill, that is a GREAT point, I really want wings for my fairy and elves Magic would be very cool!

Do you belive frogs can bite? If not, then you should, because they do! LOL!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Nov 2004 at 1:52 PM
Thanx guys!

U can download the lots here:
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=118095

They are called "Sims-a-la-bim Shoppingtower", and "Livin' on the edge"...

/schorm6
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies