2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#851 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 4:07 PM
The relationships seem to function a lot better than the sims. More depth. I'm still wondering about other life stages. Will they not be included upon release? I hope they've at least started working on them. I can't understand why they would release this as early access so incomplete. Granted, it's okay for now, but a life simulator with only one life stage? I may be wrong of course, but I get the feeling they've bitten off more than they can chew. Life simulators, with open worlds, and unlimited customization can't be a easy project to take on. I wonder why they even presented it to the public without being further along in its development. As of now I do not see this as a true competitor against the Sims franchise. I want too, but I wouldn't buy this product as of now, or any of these new life simulators to be honest. Paralives aesthetics are not for me. Looks like a mobile app game. I'm kind of disappointed.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#852 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
Granted, it's okay for now, but a life simulator with only one life stage? I may be wrong of course, but I get the feeling they've bitten off more than they can chew. Life simulators, with open worlds, and unlimited customization can't be a easy project to take on. I wonder why they even presented it to the public without being further along in its development. As of now I do not see this as a true competitor against the Sims franchise. I want too, but I wouldn't buy this product as of now, or any of these new life simulators to be honest. Paralives aesthetics are not for me. Looks like a mobile app game. I'm kind of disappointed.

TS1 started with hardly any life stages, yet people enjoyed for what it was. Maybe players are too spoiled nowadays, but if we gonna not call it a true “competitor” despite it not taking the crap for what TS4 is bashed on (no open worlds, closed building, no interactable vehicles), then we can the contenders moop and hardly simulators of any kind

Rod humble imo is taking the right chunk of bites and tackling, much like other competitors it with the right amount of considerable bites without getting burned. It’s the simmers with unrealistic expectations that want to be fed and expect for Will Wright jump in and introduced himself as the top chef in the ketching while holding a platter of lovster terminoid of a indie burger joint we are situated.

If we wanna keep our expectation realistic, we should take. For all you cared, it would have made no difference had Para and LBY team gad revealed their development up to this date, but for us - we appreciate it. Better than being given nothing and left following nothing but the dreadful Maxis catch-up

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#853 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 6:03 PM
If we wanna keep our expectation realistic, we should take. For all you cared, it would have made no difference had Para and LBY team gad revealed their development up to this date, but for us - we appreciate it. Better than being given nothing and left following nothing but the dreadful Maxis catch-up [/QUOTE]

Wanting different age groups or aging up in a life simulator in 2024 are not unrealistic expectations. Sims 1 came out in 2000. Half of the simmers playing now weren't even born then. That's like saying we had Pong or Frogger and we loved it!! Yeah for THAT time. As for revealing it too early, you can't miss what you don't know. Another year or two, with proper life states, family mechanics, better animations, and clear concise methodology regarding gameplay, the majority of us would be thrilled to have this marketed at face value. Early access would be justified. I don't understand why people are steadily giving game developers a pass for minimal output and unfinished products. This will literally be sold to the public in a couple of months and it's not ready. Or maybe I'm unsure of what the gameplay is exactly. Is it a build your own life simulator? Because that's what it's looking like to me currently. They're giving us the tools to "make" our own simulation, which is dope if that's your "thing". But as for me, I don't want to build a game, I want to be able to add, adjust and create using those tools on what's already there. I can't justify paying for early access, and unfinished products anymore.
Mad Poster
#854 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 8:06 AM
If it were easy, we would already have a knockoff of the game of “House”. InZoi is the game that is the closest to offer to family players. At this point, all three games each have diffrent cons, so as far none have proved to have high customizability and in-depth gameplay be at the same time in the game so far resourcefully possible. So its either a take or leave situation. The only thing I still waiting to hear how do autonomy in these all three games work.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#855 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 12:56 PM
I don't think not wanting to see babies tied to cribs again, is an unrealistic expectation. All the Sims games came out with flushed out characters of other life stages except TS4. I think what people expect is that LBY doesn't think of other life stages as an afterthought like Maxis did with TS4. Yes, LBY will get a lot of players to try their game, some who are so done with EA/Maxis, and others that expect more than what Maxis did with TS4 since it seems it's going to continue for eternity. It's not going to be a take or leave situation, we all know how lazy it was of Maxis to build shorter adults as kids in TS4, and YA adults as just a tag on pixel rather than a different life stage and or teens as something to fill agent slots, and babies as objects.

We hope Rod knows why TS4 isn't all that to some players.
Lab Assistant
#856 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 1:22 PM
LBY will allow pay cc without early access. Here is the link to the video from which I found out about that information.

I agree with one comment below the video. This game is like playing for mods. I agree with games being very customizable, but that is less important for us players that cannot code or create 3d models.

This is a wrong move in my opinion because LBY will probbably have a lot of DLCs, just like Cities Skylines. Why would I pay for DLCs and then for mods that the community made? Imagine someone making critical fixes for this game or an overhaul of animations and then putting the mod behind a paywall.

I understand that creating 3d models, textures and lines of code is not easy. That is actually the only good argument for having pay cc in my opinion.
Scholar
#857 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 7:42 PM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 23rd Apr 2024 at 7:54 PM.
New video about character traits, background and likes/dislikes on YooToob.

Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
LBY will allow pay cc without early access. Here is the link to the video from which I found out about that information.

I agree with one comment below the video. This game is like playing for mods. I agree with games being very customizable, but that is less important for us players that cannot code or create 3d models.

This is a wrong move in my opinion because LBY will probbably have a lot of DLCs, just like Cities Skylines. Why would I pay for DLCs and then for mods that the community made? Imagine someone making critical fixes for this game or an overhaul of animations and then putting the mod behind a paywall.

I understand that creating 3d models, textures and lines of code is not easy. That is actually the only good argument for having pay cc in my opinion.

In the actual interview Rod Humble mentions monetizing mods through Youtube and Patreon. Something that already happens for Sims 4 mods. As long as people don't ask money for mods in a direct mods, EA can't really do anything about it.
So far, there seems to be no mention of paid mods for Paradox' mod platform,fortunately. Which to me is more important. The moment Paradox themselves starts monetizing mods like Bethesda does, I will not buy LBY.
Top Secret Researcher
#858 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
New video about character traits, background and likes/dislikes on YooToob.

The videos certainly improve when FakeGamerGirl does them.
Top Secret Researcher
#859 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 8:51 PM
Scholar
#860 Old Yesterday at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Creating a Custom Character

Outfit creator seems powerful. Creating your own work outfits for the game's careers. Even work outfits for your own created mods. Also how you can easily create new townie outfits to randomly dress the townies. Some of those things you need NRAAS mods to do in Sims 3.

Character creator seems a lot more elaborate than what I saw before in one of their older vids. But maybe I am remembering wrong. I didn't know you could change the length of that many physical properties for example.

One thing I wonder about though. It is nice to be able to save your played character so you can maybe transfer them to a new world or share them with someone. But it would be also practical if you could save a character 'look' from character creation. So, without developed skills/funds etc. And without having to start a game first. I mean, how else do you create twins for example?

EDIT: Just realised something. The flag that you can set to make an outfit unavailable for townies can be used to create themed worlds. For example, put everything that is not medieval on 0 so it does not randomly spawn on townies. And create medieval looking outfits (requires CC ofc) and just enable them.
Top Secret Researcher
#861 Old Yesterday at 7:07 PM
Test Subject
#862 Old Yesterday at 10:01 PM
Pretty bad animations, horrible characters, they should postpone again
Page 35 of 35