Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#101 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 12:15 PM
It was brought to my attention yesterday that there is a article about Inzoi in the recent Game Informer. It doesn't say anything we don't already know, but if anybody wants to see it...

Page 53

https://gameinformer.mydigitalpubli...&p=56&ver=html5
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#102 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 8:51 PM Last edited by FREEDOM_55 : 4th Mar 2024 at 11:58 PM. Reason: fixed youtube links
Major Update
Major update and interview from Inzoi Developer

Part One New inZoi Dev Video is out

English subs available
https://youtu.be/rCJWFlUB4II?si=9J-JQDT6ICWEqx-b

Quote:
Some notable info you might or might not find important:

1.This guy is one of the korean devs who pioneered the deep level of customization in korean MMORPG and "upload your MMORPG character preset" feature

2 .He's also responsible for the character creation development in a game called AION (an MMORPG)

3. A big fan of The Sims series and was so disappointed that TS4 isn't open world like TS3

4. Bro even knows the Mods and CC community (and possibly played The Sims with CCs as well) and their talent in 3d modelling, photoshop, etc to make content for The Sims

5. Face tracking technology is added and inZOI can track your face via your smartphone, mimicking your face movement including eyes blinks and mouth+tongue when you talk

6. Add LOTS of new People of color presets, and they all now look closer to their intended ethnics

7.When asked about monetization like The Sims, Kjun quickly said "Absolutely Not". He believe content sharing (like The Gallery from The Sims 4) excites people more to keep coming back and playing the game than new content that they have to pay for.

8. They briefly discussed about life sim monopoly by The Sims franchise, and they found four titles currently competing on the top spot of the genre. They didn't mention what are those titles.

9. Real life fashion brands have approached them for an in-game collabs

10. Mentioned singers who sang in Simlish (possible that they're interested to create an inZOI fictional language too?)

11.They implement "Reputation" mechanics from RPG. It's basically a global or wide-scale reputation that will affect a ZOI first interaction with ANY ZOI (as a comparison, a "bad" impression on The Sims will only appear if you keep selecting the "Bad" interaction to a Sim and will affect that specific Sim only, but being labelled "Bad" in this game's "Reputation" system will make everyone has bad impression of you.

12.Reputation will be applied to every living ZOI so that players won't feel interacting become repetitive (on top of different interaction from traits and emotions)

13. "In an MMORPG, if you get a "Bad" Reputation, the town guards will hunt you down and kill you if you're entering the town. Will we see something similar in inZOI with this Reputation system?" Kjun said "Yes, we will". And the interviewer jokingly said "If it's in an RPG, it will also be on inZOI"

14. a ZOI can do a background check on you (LMAO) before moving to a deeper relationship (like marriage). For example they will check if you were a bully during high school and might reject your proposal or ask you to break up with them.

Part 2 :Can inZOI stop the 97.5% monopoly of The Sims? - New development update
English subs available
https://youtu.be/-z1wYyd3m_M?si=TTVw_sedUjjTNQC6

Quote:
Holy shiz this one is even better (peep my previous comment on my profile on summary of the first episode of the interview), here's some highlights:

1.Not only can we adjust tree density, but also animal density (current build only reducing roaming cats density)

2. All build mode is in "The Sims MoveObjectsOn Cheat" Mode by default, but for the game will highlight the objects with red color if a chair, for example, can't be used by your ZOI, and green if they can be used or interacted with. Regardless, when the object is red, you can still place them, the game just want to show you that placing the object while it's red won't be usable.

3."City Safety Level" can be set in 5 levels, and here's what's interesting; Lowering city safety level will also lower the success rate of relationships. "Because lower social stability creates an innate fear for people"

4.The billboards you see on the cities, can be replaced with images from your local drive. Unfortunately for videos, he said we can only put youtube videos by copy-pasting the video url to the billboard folder in the game.

5.The interviewer and production keeps shading The Sims' monetization by witty comments such as "Are you sure you're not gonna monetize this feature?" or "Oh this feature is for free?" etc. Kjun (the PD) reassures that such features is going to be free and not be a DLC.

6. "Many people simply compare inZOI to The Sims, but it's actually a combination of that and SimCity with features that rival even their latest offerings" says Kjun after he revealed he's also a big SimCity fan and has been playing since the first game.

7.Four jobs currently available on the current state of the game; Firefighter, Kpop Artist, Grocery Store Worker, and Street Food Stall Worker. Two future jobs mentioned to be added are; Game Developer and Vet. All of them will be active jobs (they mentioned The Sims again and compare their active jobs).

8. 24 hours in inZOI is equal to 40 minutes in real life. As the comparison, The Sims 4 24 hours equal 24 minutes in real life.

9. They're aiming for gamers with mid-level of specs, and is trying to keep the minimum requirement to play the game as low as they can and promise on the optimization for lower spec PC.

10. Kids can leave the house if treated badly and your spouse can refuse to come home

11.There are special interactions for your family members that won't be available to strangers or non-family members

12. Studio tour! Apparently they're still hiring people as seen from the empty new office

13. New gameplay footage! Although on a testing space.

14. Clocks in the game will tick as it is in real life

15.Apparently, they're hiring Custom Content creators and modders who's experienced making custom content from other life sim (though unclear whether they're hiring korean modders/CC creators only or globally)

16. FILTER OR GRAPHIC STYLE FEATURE!!! Finally they mentioned this officially. I noticed this neat feature on the trailer and was frustrated that none of the youtubers notice this as well. This feature will allow your inZOI to look cartoony like The Sims, or more realistic like the default inZOI graphic. This hopefully will persuade those who refuse to play inZOI because they prefer cartoony style like The Sims, because hey, inZOI can look cartoony and all you need to do is select the Cartoon Graphic Style ON. Although it won't look "MAXIS" style, but at it looks "cartoon" enough if you know what I'm trying to say.

17. "Recognition" needs added. Should be pretty self explanatory and will probably affect work, popularity, and relationship with someone special.

18. World Premiere look on the second playable map based on Santa Monica called BLISS BAY.

Ah, no next episode But this has been great overall, hope the game will succeed in delivering all the promises.

I am not the original poster, summarized by u/se7nseas https://www.reddit.com/user/se7enseas/
Mad Poster
#103 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 11:14 PM
I am getting errors and cannot see the videos.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
Instructor
#105 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am getting errors and cannot see the videos.

Apologies. Gave fixed link underneath the videos
Alchemist
#106 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 1:34 PM
Possibility of getting into a car accident and even die from it... Now that definitely is a change to Sims cars that just drive over and through everything and everyone. The world looks amazing and even though I do have quite new computer, I'm still a bit worried.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 2:25 PM
They showed a sneak peek at the lot builder too, looks like this game is going to contain a lot of elements. They also mentioned that textures would be 'on the server' so it seems like a lot of the processing may be done in the cloud. Not sure whether we'll be able to play offline.
Top Secret Researcher
#108 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 3:04 PM
Those interviews certainly piqued my interest a lot more.
Theorist
#109 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 6:19 PM

Love what I'm seeing and hearing. The npc's having schedules, being able to interact with the environments (like riding the rides) and did you see the active careers? It looks like there's proper tasks (with animations!) that looked interesting to do--at least for a little while. Not sure about that long term but I like that you have to do the tasks well. And then more towards the simming aspect I like that family (and friends? not sure) have different conversation options than strangers.

I think inZOI inched a notch above Paralives for me with this latest interview.
Forum Resident
#110 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 6:32 PM
inZOI seems to be the only game I still have a little bit hope for, fingers crossed it'll be great in the release, I'm so ready to jump the ship from Sims 2 finally lol (don't get me wrong, I love Sims 2 but I've been playing it since Nighlife was released, I'm bored to death with it and want something new to experience. Sims 3 and 4 just continued the same boredom with less features so something completely new from a whole different company sounds awesome to me)
Theorist
#111 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 8:16 PM
inZOI FAQ: https://discord.com/channels/116204...543489152000031

The only potential problem I see for inZOI is the possibility of a predatory monetization scheme. Not crazy on the online components but those aren't a deal breaker for me (I don't think).
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
The only potential problem I see for inZOI is the possibility of a predatory monetization scheme. Not crazy on the online components but those aren't a deal breaker for me (I don't think).

From this video from around 13.25 onward:

(Producer Hyungjun Kim)

Theorist
#113 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 6:20 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 7th Mar 2024 at 6:41 PM.
Yes! It seemed like a running joke throughout the interview so a good sign for sure. But their FAQ was edited by "Joel" from the dev team just last week (February 25th) so until their monetization model is officially announced I don't think we can know for sure.

And here's another good sign I think (translated from Korean w/ google. emphasis mine):

Quote:
Q: I enjoyed Director Kim’s video! From the perspective of a play-oriented user who is not at all good at architecture and only plays karma roughly, I feel that the freedom and completeness as a creative tool are already close to perfect, but the appeal of it as a life simulator is not yet apparent. (Of course, since it is a game in development, there is more that can be shown than karma. I understand that it is limited haha)

I'm curious as to whether the developers are focusing more on the game's creative tool aspect or the life simulator aspect of the game.

A: Personally, I think the aspect of being a life simulator is more important.

However, a variety of users are interested in mods and cc while playing the genre, but in reality, ordinary users do not use such items. I think you can see that the creative aspect is being considered as an important factor in order to make up for the difficult environment in which it was made.

Internally, we are aware that users consider the density of relationships and aspects of life simulation important through their wish lists and questions, and we are working hard to satisfy these aspects as much as possible.

Suri, inZOI Community Team
Scholar
#114 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 5:26 AM
If this game becomes like the person being interviewed talked about, I am willing to buy a new pc for this. I just hope that the person who was interviewed actually has a say about monetization and wasn't just expressing their own wishes.
Page 5 of 5