Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2024 at 6:44 AM Last edited by LemonyLin : 17th Jan 2024 at 3:50 PM.
Default [SOLVED] Merged packages in s3pe, now an icon appears on every surface and object.
EDIT: This is a documented glitch with the "4to3 Growing Together Celebration Cannon as Late Night FX Machine Conversion" by Ilvan cc item. The creator has made a fix for it. If you find this thread, have this glitch, and have this file this is your culprit.

I recently decided to cut down on my CC and merge everything floating loose to make my game run smoother. After doing this however, there is a strange graphical glitch happening on every surface on every lot in my game.

At this point I have not added ANY new CC or mods, and my previous CC set up is still performing as expected without this glitch. So the files are identical minus a few items I no longer liked or wanted (And I was particularly careful not to delete something I didn't know what it was) the vast majority of these files were merged using the same process I usually use (s3pe>import>from package) in the past and I have never had this problem before. The files seem to be an issue caused from my build buy files, but I'm stumped as to what could have possibly caused this.

The icon looks like some sort of gray level mixer:

[IMGhttps://i.imgur.com/sZqsNSK.jpeg][/IMG]

Has anyone ever seen this icon before?

I had assumed it was a mod issue (I dropped the merge files in to test prior to adding in the mods again) but adding the mods in with it did not help.
I have tested each buildmode file solo and one causes this graphic bug. The process was the same for all merges, so I genuinely do not understand why.
The files are a copy of the original loose files (backups from past merges) that were merged successfully in my current stable set up. I have merged files dozens of times, this glitch has never happened prior even using these exact same files.
None of the merged files causing the issue contain mods, poses, sliders, lots, or any other form of "not recommended for merge" type of package (Double checked with sims 3 package viewer).
I've read the files can go up to 1 gig, this file is only 745mb.
I did re-try to merge this package file again as a .dbc import, it took HOURS to finish, but had the same issue.

Tomorrow I will dry breaking this file down even further to try and isolate the problem, but I'm hoping someone here might have seen this bug and can point me to a more narrowed down range.