Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#51 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sofmc9
It was playing fine when I had a kid carrying a tot. Game is freezing after adult sim 'picked up' a child.

adult rocking with child lool

"And the put down interaction is not working at the moment"

Also, that worked :/ I did make a tuning mod before to have kids put down a toddler and hadn't removed it from mods folder.

What kind of freezing?
So the child is able to put down the toddler? In my game the child can't put down the toddler, the interaction appears but nothing happens. And when the Adult tries to put down the child. The game throws an error and the adult gets reset.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 5:02 PM Last edited by Sofmc9 : 9th Aug 2018 at 5:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
What kind of freezing?
So the child is able to put down the toddler? In my game the child can't put down the toddler, the interaction appears but nothing happens. And when the Adult tries to put down the child. The game throws an error and the adult gets reset.

Yes Skyd, in my game the kid can put down the toddler and kisses on the forehead. Might be the tuning mod I made? : /

Oh the game just freezes some time after adult picks up a child so I had to end task.

Here, they're putting down the tot.

Lab Assistant
#53 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 5:29 PM
So I'm uploading the script I have made. Sweet Toddler was having a problem with the script mod. Can any of you test it out in your games? In my game it plays fine. I'm not uploading the animation that Sweet Toddler gave me so Sims will use stretch animation. And the put down interaction is not working at the moment so use the resetsim cheat to put them down. Also if you're trying to use the interaction on child Sims, the interaction will not say pick up (child name) instead the interaction will be blank. Don't test it on a save file you care about since this mod is experimental right now. If you do then don't save the game. The mod is pretty mild so it won't really damage your game but still you can never be too careful. Thank you

Yep! I'll test it out.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 5:46 PM
Update: My game is loading. It'll take a while XD
Scholar
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 5:52 PM
Yes Skyd, in my game the kid can put down the toddler and kisses on the forehead. Might be the tuning mod I made? : /

Oh the game just freezes some time after adult picks up a child so I had to end task.

Here, they're putting down the tot.

Can you send me the tuning mod you made?
I think if you have error trap, Overwatch and Selector then instead of freezing you'll just get an error and the Sims will get reset. I think the problem occurs when the adult tries to put the child down. Atleast in my game that's what happens. The adult tries to put the child down on their own. Just a few minutes after picking them up.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 5:58 PM
Can you send me the tuning mod you made?
I think if you have error trap, Overwatch and Selector then instead of freezing you'll just get an error and the Sims will get reset. I think the problem occurs when the adult tries to put the child down. Atleast in my game that's what happens. The adult tries to put the child down on their own. Just a few minutes after picking them up.

Of course, I'll send it now. : ) Can a child put down a tot in Sav's game? If not, might be my tuning mod working with your script.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#57 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:05 PM
Of course, I'll send it now. : ) Can a child put down a tot in Sav's game? If not, might be my tuning mod working with your script.

They can do everything with the toddler in my game, I've already edited all the ITUn files such as put down, pick up, put in crib, everything except for the other interactions (tickle, toss in air, snuggle...)
The only thing I needed was Sky's mod to let the children pick up the toddlers, if you want, I can send the whole mod I worked on, plus Sky's mod inside my mod, it's all merged together.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Field Researcher
#58 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
They can do everything with the toddler in my game, I've already edited all the ITUn files such as put down, pick up, put in crib, everything except for the other interactions (tickle, toss in air, snuggle...)
The only thing I needed was Sky's mod to let the children pick up the toddlers, if you want, I can send the whole mod I worked on, plus Sky's mod inside my mod, it's all merged together.

Oh it's okay, because I had already edited the Itun files too lol, it works now after putting Skyd's script on the mods folder : )
I've made the tuning for snuggle, tickle as well.
Trainee Moderator
#59 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:31 PM
Oh, but anyways, you mind testing it out for me? It's just I've made some changes to the locations but I haven't been able to test them out because of the crashing, it crashes before the save is loaded.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Field Researcher
#60 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:34 PM
Sure, and let me send both you and Skyd the Itun of tickle, snuggle, toss in air.. : )
Trainee Moderator
#61 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:39 PM
Sure, and let me send both you and Skyd the Itun of tickle, snuggle, toss in air.. : )

Alrighty

Field Researcher
#62 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:40 PM
Alrighty

Done. ^-^
Trainee Moderator
#63 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:46 PM
@Sofmc9 and @skydome I sent you my mod with everything, just test it out for me if you can

Field Researcher
#64 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 7:42 PM
All working fine. Your custom animations are great, Sav!

Trainee Moderator
#65 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 7:53 PM
Well that's great news! It must just be my outdated resource.cfg or that I haven't deleted my cache files yet.

Edit: but is the toddler floating around while the child is holding them or walking around with them?

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:03 PM
Well that's great news! It must just be my outdated resource.cfg or that I haven't deleted my cache files yet.

Edit: but is the toddler floating around while the child is holding them or walking around with them?

Hm...the results are quite odd XD The adult actually doesn't pick up the child. The child stands up and stretches out. The child picks up the toddler but the child would stretch.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:17 PM

Oh no, just checked, and toddler is floating around, yes : o

Trainee Moderator
#68 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:21 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 9th Aug 2018 at 8:24 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Darn, whatever idea comes up never works...but hopefully one idea one day will work lol

Trainee Moderator
#69 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
Hm...the results are quite odd XD The adult actually doesn't pick up the child. The child stands up and stretches out. The child picks up the toddler but the child would stretch.

Sorry for the double-post

Yes, that's because the child is playing the toddler animation therefor they either stretch to toddler size or just stretch. You'll need to animate them if you want to get rid of it I'm afraid...

Field Researcher
#70 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:24 PM
Yeah! Wonder how to fix kids stretching when being picked up too lol
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:26 PM
Darn, whatever idea comes up never works...but hopefully one idea one day will work lol

I think milkshape has adjustment options. Want to try that?
Field Researcher
#72 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:27 PM
"You'll need to animate them if you want to get rid of it I'm afraid... "

Ah, really, only have to convert the animations? I have some already converted.
Trainee Moderator
#73 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
I think milkshape has adjustment options. Want to try that?

I don't think it's the adjustments, it's just that either when you import the clip, it gets changes or there's something in the ITUN or XML files that I can try to change to get rid of the locked location. Plus, I'll have to pay for Milkshape I think, but I know there's a free trial but I've already used it
But thanks for the help anyways

Trainee Moderator
#74 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:30 PM
"You'll need to animate them if you want to get rid of it I'm afraid... "

Ah, really, only have to convert the animations? I have some already converted.

Yes, you can convert them, but to fix all the problems such as not being in the right location, floating and such you'll need a new animation, or edit them but it can take time to animate certain bones.

*darn! sorry for the double-post again, should've edited the one above...

Lab Assistant
#75 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:31 PM
I don't think it's the adjustments, it's just that either when you import the clip, it gets changes or there's something in the ITUN or XML files that I can try to change to get rid of the locked location. Plus, I'll have to pay for Milkshape I think, but I know there's a free trial but I've already used it
But thanks for the help anyways

No problem! Good thing Blender is free (and it's much better too)! I never thought it would be clipping error. Hm I guess we'll have to see
Page 3 of 6