Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 10:46 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 17th Dec 2018 at 11:32 PM.
Default Strangetown's Graveyard
as a number of you may know, Strangetown starts with one grave-filled lot. 13 Dead End Lane; Specter's Lot.
this thread is to speculate the circumstances of each pre-made death.

lot starts with 19 graves::
starvation: 6 ghosts
burning: 4 ghosts
drowning: 4 ghosts
electrocution: 4 ghosts
Old Age: 1 ghost (Ichabod Specter)

former NPCs: 5 ghosts
former townies: 4 ghosts
former play-ables: 10 ghosts

edit:: 20 deaths in Olive's memories; 18 of those memories "corresponding" to a grave.
grave not mentioned in memories: Brenda Zaidi.
deaths without any grave: Lou Thanasia, Knut Futa.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 1:45 AM
The one that has my attention is the Grunt mother (lyla?). I could think of a number of reasons she could have visited the lot (she's a Romance sim), but how did she get electrocuted? I've only seen it happen "naturally", so maybe Olive had nothing to do with it.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#3 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 3:17 PM
In case anybody needs it, here's the list of how the sims died: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/List_o...the_Specter_lot

Personally, I believe Olive's murder of Earl E to be a crime of passion. He left her at the altar, she snapped and killed him. The interesting part is that he isn't the first person who's death she remembers. Danielle Greaves (Pizza delivery, starvation) died shortly before Olive became an adult. Her death might have been an accident, maybe Olive wasn't even involved, but as a Knowledge sim, she was fascinated by death. Then when Earl E left her at the altar, humiliating her in front of her guests, she killed him and his brother. And a lot more people, mainly out of scientific curiosity, although there's room for a few personal murders. Maybe she wanted to get rid of a husband and figured she could reach two goals for the price of one murder?

Since most sims in the graveyard don't have a personal connection to Olive, and a lot are in fact service sims, it doesn't seem like she killed them for anything other than for the sake of killing. This actually includes Lyla Grunt as well, she doesn't seem to have had any sort of relationship with her. Maybe Lyla started dating Hugh Thanasia after her divorce and Olive got rid of her? Or maybe she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Helptato
#4 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 5:45 PM
I turned the Specter's house into a hotel a while ago. A pool now sits among the graves. (I also made the majority of Strangetown into zombies on a whim, but that's another story.)

Stay here and you'll agree- it's a hotel to DIE for.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 7:32 PM
I have Tarlia's clean Strangetown hood at the moment... Haven't resurrected any of Olive's dearly departed yet.
But since it's safe ; that's on my to-do list.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 10:26 AM
Read the link. Most victims have no eyebrows, like Olive. Sounds like an MO to me. XD
Theorist
#7 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:25 PM
So...she keeps the shaved-off eye brow hair of her victims in a jaw under her bed.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#8 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:50 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 19th Dec 2018 at 3:45 PM.
Has anyone tried this fixed Strangetown? Sounds good. I didn't see any glitches in it, but didn't play long. http://modthesims.info/t/610026
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 3:35 PM
My theory is that Olive didn't kill any of them, but lives where she does to tend the graveyard because of her special relationship with the Reaper.

Those who died of starvation were early immigrants to Strangetown who weren't prepared for desert life and didn't bring enough food to live on until they could figure out how to get a decent harvest from their gardens. Now that the town has proper transit links and a couple of stores, it shouldn't happen to anyone else. The burnings were accidental, either from bonfires that got out of hand or from cooking accidents, and the electrocutions were due to poor DIY jobs in the days before there was a qualified electrician in town.

In my last incarnation of Strangetown, Buzz Grunt murdered Lyla and was also the one responsible for the deaths of Ophelia's parents; he was actually trying to kill Olive because he was afraid Lyla's ghost would tell her the truth.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Has anyone tried this fixed Strangetown? Sounds good. I didn't see any glitches in it, but didn't play long. http://modthesims.info/t/610026

I have that version of Strangetown. I like it, but haven't had the chance to play it much. It seems to run smoothly for me and when I do get the chance to play it I don't notice any unusual glitches or bugs.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 5:02 PM
There's also Strangetown with a twist here: http://strangetomato.tumblr.com/pos...back-again-with
It may slightly involve Olive's graveyard.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
My theory is that Olive didn't kill any of them, but lives where she does to tend the graveyard because of her special relationship with the Reaper.

Those who died of starvation were early immigrants to Strangetown who weren't prepared for desert life and didn't bring enough food to live on until they could figure out how to get a decent harvest from their gardens. Now that the town has proper transit links and a couple of stores, it shouldn't happen to anyone else. The burnings were accidental, either from bonfires that got out of hand or from cooking accidents, and the electrocutions were due to poor DIY jobs in the days before there was a qualified electrician in town.

In my last incarnation of Strangetown, Buzz Grunt murdered Lyla and was also the one responsible for the deaths of Ophelia's parents; he was actually trying to kill Olive because he was afraid Lyla's ghost would tell her the truth.
the bonfire object was added in University; the deaths occurred before base game.
the repairman occurred since Sims1. more likely those sims could not afford him. and at least one repair person died on the lot.
what about the drowning victims? and the Old Age victim?

it seems doubtful to me of Buzz Grunt (or any other character) being involved in any of the deaths since the only characters that remember any of the deaths (at start of game) are the Specter household and some townies.
Theorist
#13 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 9:54 PM
The thing I always wondered about Lyla's death was she never haunted Olive, only Ophelia. Once, while napping on the sofa, Ophelia got woken up by Lyla and promptly dropped dead, I had to leave without saving but it happened over and over until I finally left her for dead. Lyla still didn't bother Olive one bit. Now I wonder if Ophelia had a hand in some of the deaths on that lot. Usually a ghost will pester the controlled sim at the time of death. Since the stories don't really offer much info, it's quite possible some story lines aren't what they appear to be. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#14 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:00 PM
Hugh Thanasia sounds like Euthanasia
Earl. E. Demise met an Early Demise
Was Tim Lee Demise's death Timely?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:14 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 22nd Dec 2018 at 10:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
The thing I always wondered about Lyla's death was she never haunted Olive, only Ophelia. Once, while napping on the sofa, Ophelia got woken up by Lyla and promptly dropped dead, I had to leave without saving but it happened over and over until I finally left her for dead. Lyla still didn't bother Olive one bit. Now I wonder if Ophelia had a hand in some of the deaths on that lot. Usually a ghost will pester the controlled sim at the time of death. Since the stories don't really offer much info, it's quite possible some story lines aren't what they appear to be. (:
only deaths Ophelia remembers at start of game are her parents.
and starting memories show Ophelia coming just before her parents deaths. and starting memories show that her parents were the last to die on the lot.

Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
Hugh Thanasia sounds like Euthanasia
Earl. E. Demise met an Early Demise
Was Tim Lee Demise's death Timely?
the wikia site confirms those puns.

edit:: not entirely sure how ghosts decide who/what to haunt.
though character autonomy seems to play a part in that. Chapter 20 of base game's Prima Guide has info on autonomy.