Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 8:29 AM
Default Adding Steps to Platform on Lot with Basement
I did a lot years ago where I put rabbitholes in the basement of a 64x64 for folks who want to hide them and not use rugs. I have this lot in 2 worlds I am working on. The top layer is done as a nice performance park in my game. Was just testing a world and had a proprietor and was getting errors for her. I had forgotten to add steps to the platform for the stage. (I tend to miss steps to platforms way too often. LOL Sims should not need them, right? They do.) Anyway, I tried to add a step and there was no way that I found that I could do it. It kept wanting to drop steps down into the basement.

So, is there any way to add a step to a platform over a basement, or is this impossible? I would like to be able to use the lot as the performance park in the worlds I am doing, but so far, to do that have to delete the basements. Or the platforms?

I deleted the basement then added the step and the proprietor is still being a PITA though complaining she is blocked when nothing is blocking her. I had this in a coffeehouse I did and the one would bellyache 10 times and then walk over with no problems. Sigh. She now gets up on the stage and complains from there.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 7:48 PM
After thinking more about this overnight, let me see if I can use a foundation instead of a platform inside the shell? I think that was done by EA? Will check that next. And see if the proprietor likes it more? LOL

oops, double post sorry, 2 different days
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 7:57 PM
If you are talking about the one step platform from build mode - that indeed doesn't need any stairs. Sims can step on it just fine. Foundations need stairs, even if only one step high. So if your proprietor throws a routing tantrum there must be other reasons. I find that proprietors are rather buggy. Usually it helps to place the proprietor mark in a good, easy accessible spot where the proprietor has easy access to some seating so they can sit there and read and don't wander around.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 10:00 PM
Thank you for the reply. As the proprietor was having such a fit I was thinking a step was needed, but you are right they are not. She is still claiming she is blocked. I will add a marker and see if that helps. Thank you for the suggestion.