Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 7:01 PM
Numenor--thank you so much. I NEVER would have figured that out. You guys are real life savers!
Advertisement
#77 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 3:36 AM
Can anybody tell me the difference between hacked and not hacked objects? I mean, what's the difference? Does it mean that if an object is hacked, then it's stolen?
Part-time Hermit
#78 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sahara_night
Can anybody tell me the difference between hacked and not hacked objects? I mean, what's the difference? Does it mean that if an object is hacked, then it's stolen?

No, "hacked" has nothing to do with stolen or illegal. A hacked object is something where its functions have been altered. A simple "hack" could be to make a cheap bed or couch with very high energy and comfort values, for example. Or a hacked door could have some special functions, like being lockable. Or a hacked mirror or painting that you can use to view sims' needs and change them. As an emaple, see simlogical, a website that offers various useful hacked objects.
Test Subject
#79 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 5:17 PM
I have had The Sims 2 Body Shop but the things I did there never come to the game plus it was hard to use for me so I would be very happy if someone can say a pogram easy to use..
Part-time Hermit
#80 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sesil
I have had The Sims 2 Body Shop but the things I did there never come to the game plus it was hard to use for me so I would be very happy if someone can say a pogram easy to use..

Have you followed any tutorials for Body Shop? To put your file into the game, there is a button called "Import To Game" you need to select when you're done with it.
Test Subject
#81 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 10:02 PM
I still don't really get how to do this, and what I need to do it. Could some plz help?

~*~La La La~*~

~*~THX Black Rose for the avatar!~*~
~*~Poem 4 Valentines day~*~
Being with u, always makes mt day. NO 1 else can make me feel this way!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#82 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 1:21 AM
Actually, the purpose of this thread is not to explain how to do something, but rather to point out that there are many different things that can be created: object recolours, brand new objects, clothing recolours and new clothings, hacked objects, and so on...

So, you should first ask yourself: what do I feel inclined to create?
If you have never created anything, I suggest to start with recolours (either for objects or clothings): in the "Create" forum, you can find many useful (and easy) tutorials for beginners. My personal suggestions are:

Recolouring objects

Basic clothing recolours.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
#83 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 7:17 AM
Hi, maybe it will b funny, but is there other way to read ur guid?? cz, i dnt have adobe reader!!
Fluffy
retired moderator
#84 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 8:24 AM
dhara,
in here, there's a big difference between a GUID and a guide
if the guide is only in pdf format, try foxisoft reader, it's very small and very free
Test Subject
#85 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 11:18 AM
Do I need to install ALL of those things to be able to create objects and stuff? PLEASE HELP ME I'M SO CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED!!!!!! >
:**********(
Test Subject
#86 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simluvr236
I still don't really get how to do this, and what I need to do it. Could some plz help?

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL simlvr236!! IT IS SOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!!!
Part-time Hermit
#87 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NikkiDaBomb2006
Do I need to install ALL of those things to be able to create objects and stuff? PLEASE HELP ME I'M SO CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED!!!!!! >
:**********(

No, you don't need them all. Generally you need one of each: one mesh editor, one paint program, and so on. Go back to the first post of this thread and follow the link to the object creation tutorial. It'll tell you everything you need to have to go through the tutorial.

And, please, try to avoid typing in all caps, it makes it seem like you're shouting. There are people around to help you, no need to get upset, just give people time to reply .
Test Subject
#88 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 9:35 PM
Do you have to install ALL of those things above to be able to create your own things or just one out each category: and if you only have to install one out of eahc category could you PLEASE tell me which one(s) would be the best!!!
Test Subject
#89 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 9:36 PM
Ohh Sorry Don't Reply To The Last One I Didn't Realise You Haf Already Answered! Sorry Sorry Sorry!!!!
Test Subject
#90 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 4:20 AM
if i download one of each or whatever will I be able to create people and objects and stuff????
Test Subject
#91 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 4:21 AM
and also, is it easy or hard or medium to create things?
Part-time Hermit
#92 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 5:16 AM
It depends on what you want to create.

For recoloring objects, you'll need SimPE and a paint program. The technical side of recoloring is easy, although getting nice-looking results might be harder.

For making custom objects with new mesh, you'll need SimPE, a paint program, a 3D program, and probably a uv-mapper, as well. This is definitely harder than recoloring objects.

For recoloring clothing/hair make-up etc. you'll only need Bodyshop that comes with the game, plus a paint program.

For meshing clothing, hair or accessories, you'll need Bodyshop, SimPE, a paint program and a 3D program. This is also considerably more difficult technically that recoloring clothing etc.
#93 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 4:47 AM
I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to be a teacher, to all of us who would get lost without your guidance. I'm a Newbie in all of this so I guess that would make me a freshmen. Thanks a million. Wolf
Test Subject
#94 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 2:17 AM Last edited by Rinoa_Lewis : 5th Feb 2006 at 5:10 AM.
Possibility...?
Hey

Ages ago in the sims1 I downloaded this 'sculpture' of a sim. I downloaded a family as well and it turned out that the sculpture was of a female sim in the family. I'm not sure if the object was modelled to look like the sim, or if somehow the sim's geometry was exported.

Does anyone think that it would be possible to export a specific sim from the sims 2 as a model, be it rigged for animation or not?

Rinoa_Lewis
Part-time Hermit
#96 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rinoa_Lewis
Hey

Ages ago in the sims1 I downloaded this 'sculpture' of a sim. I downloaded a family as well and it turned out that the sculpture was of a female sim in the family. I'm not sure if the object was modelled to look like the sim, or if somehow the sim's geometry was exported.

Does anyone think that it would be possible to export a specific sim from the sims 2 as a model, be it rigged for animation or not?

Rinoa_Lewis

When you open the character file of a sim in SimPE, you will find the 3D information of their faces for each age in there. You should be able to export the mesh into a mesh program. But it's only the face, the rest of the sim is not included.
Test Subject
#97 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 8:44 AM
Shazaa! I have at last found the mysterious vault that contains the MESh creator! WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Finally! Thank you by the way!

J e ~Last week I planned >=>world domination<=<. This week, I'm playing with the (=o *shiny* o=) thing that distracted me~
Test Subject
#98 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 8:50 AM Last edited by Rinoa_Lewis : 6th Feb 2006 at 9:31 AM.
Thanks IgnorantBliss.

I could just export the face mesh, then join it to the mesh of whatever clothing I use I suppose. Is this done the same way that you would export clothing for editing? Which section should I be looking in?

Have a good day now
Rinoa_Lewis
Test Subject
#99 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 12:44 AM
Thx this rocks
Test Subject
#100 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 3:57 AM
men I downloaded all the software now what do I have to do?
Page 4 of 12