Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 7:25 PM
Default Help converting clothes to accesories
Hi, I was trying to convert some bras into accesories in order to be able to use them at the same time as clothes, i managed to do that by following this tutorial http://sims4studio.com/thread/684/c...dy-category-top, everything went well but the issue i'm having are that in some clothes, the accesory is on top of the clothes (in some tops is behind the top and in others in front). I attached pictures and the package file for people to see, my question is, can I fix that or do I have to live with it and use that only in some clothes?

Thanks in advance
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  test 3.rar (253.8 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 11:16 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 25th Jun 2019 at 2:02 PM.
The short answer is: change the Sort Layer to 10400. (In S4S, Warehouse / CAS Part / SortLayer, : in CAS Tools, Clone Package Editor / CAS Part Properties / Sort Layer) That should keep the bra under any properly made top or outfit and also stop the texture from showing up in other spots on top of some clothing.

The long answer (besides doing the above) is that for underwear like this you really should not be using a mesh, and particularly not the entire top mesh; besides other possible problems when you use it with meshed clothing the ties at the neck and back are sticking out of other clothing. If you remove the mesh or start over with a clone of gloves and import the textures, the texture will show up on the skin under clothing.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 1:18 AM
thank you so much, I did thought that maybe cloning some gloves would be helpful, but I had no idea about the sort layer thing, thank you for your help.