Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 1:36 PM
Could somebody possibly help me on recoloring skin tones?
Hello, I'm currently trying to make a skin tone for a character from a video game that I like, and I don't know how to recolor the skin. I don't know many recoloring tricks, or apps that could change the color on things. (I would use photoshop, but it costs money.) If somebody could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 4:32 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 28th Jun 2019 at 10:04 PM.
Since it's for a particular character you should probably make it as a face paint or tattoo. GIMP is an excellent free image editing program that can do everything you need, and there are lots of instructions and tutorials on using it. Paint.net is another free editor, and has DDS support built in.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 1:12 AM
If you're looking to create skins you'll probably want TS4 Skininator (links and a detailed tutorial for how to use it are here). For image editing software, personally I'm a fan of Clip Studio Paint, which has (imo) better brush options for painting than Photoshop, has a pay once option, and will generally cost you a lot less than any of Adobe's products. For free software you can try GIMP, which still has most of the functionality of Photoshop and usually works well for these kind of projects (and there are plugins for creating normals etc. which is why I have it).

Hopefully that's a decent starting point, good luck with the project!