Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 4:40 PM
Rigging Issue - Custom Shoes
I have been scratching my head over this for the past 2 days now. I followed a tutorial for making custom shoes from Sims 4 Studio using a pair of existing EA/Maxis basegame shoes for my model. I used the generic High-heels model for my project.
After making the edits.etc to the model I tested the rigging on the skeleton in Blender. It looked fine. I loaded up the game and found only the RIGHT foot had rigged properly, and the left had not rigged at the joint between the foot and the lower leg but had rigged everywhere else.
I tried repainting the vertex paint, transferring weights between the two feet models before merging them together, applying weight paint manually, even tried merging the feet with a default EA/Maxis one (which looked a lot worse.)
I have checked the model and it appears to have both the uv_0 and uv_1 as needed. I checked the vertex groups and all the vertex assignments appear to be correct. I am totally stumped.

Please find attached the .package please note that the textures applied are temporary as I want to get the model to work before committing to texturing it fully.

EDIT: I attached the blender file too, which is what I imported into sims 4 studio.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  digi-feet.rar (76.6 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  digifeet-blender.rar (1.67 MB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 6:30 PM
I can't help with Blender. I'm not very familiar with S4S either but I think there's some restriction about importing a blend into a mesh part that doesn't have the same list of bones that are used in your custom mesh. How that might be an issue here I don't know since I don't know what you cloned from, but it's what comes to mind as a possible explanation.

Anyway, I fixed it in CAS Tools using auto-assignment of the mesh from the built-in reference mesh. It looks fine to me in CAS but I didn't test beyond that. I think I did all four lods but you should check.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  digi-feet fixed.zip (39.2 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 9:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I can't help with Blender. I'm not very familiar with S4S either but I think there's some restriction about importing a blend into a mesh part that doesn't have the same list of bones that are used in your custom mesh. How that might be an issue here I don't know since I don't know what you cloned from, but it's what comes to mind as a possible explanation.

Anyway, I fixed it in CAS Tools using auto-assignment of the mesh from the built-in reference mesh. It looks fine to me in CAS but I didn't test beyond that. I think I did all four lods but you should check.

I think it might have been S4S since it didn't come with anything like auto-assignment, not like CAS Tools. I might migrate to CAS Tools but I am so use to blender for making/editing models. Regardless, what you did fixed the mesh on the offending foot! Thank you, I'll be giving CAS Tools a try next time I encounter problems like this.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zuperbuu
I think it might have been S4S since it didn't come with anything like auto-assignment, not like CAS Tools. I might migrate to CAS Tools but I am so use to blender for making/editing models. Regardless, what you did fixed the mesh on the offending foot! Thank you, I'll be giving CAS Tools a try next time I encounter problems like this.

Glad to help. I'm working on making CAS Tools able to import/export Collada DAE so it can easily be used with Blender.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4