Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2023 at 3:32 AM
Default Disabling interactions on half a sofa
I'm making a custom object that I've started with a cloned sofa (as it's about the right size and I want to use the "nap" animation) - but clicking on the two sides of the sofa in game positions all the interactions differently. Is there any way to get rid of one side's interactions, so sims only ever aim for one point, no matter where you click?

Many thanks for any help.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 4th Jun 2023 at 4:50 PM
If you only want a part of it to be an actual sofa, then the easy way is to clone a loveseat and then expand the footprint. If you don't put any slot id's in it, there shouldn't be an option to select those parts of the footprint. The slot ids are linked in the objd. Numenor and Echo have a tutorial here on MTS.

Otherwise, the slot resource is linked in the objd. I guess you would start by removing the slot id in the objd where you don't want to be able to select? Honestly not sure that is enough. There are many other resources in a sofa that all link together to make all three spots selectable.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2023 at 2:01 PM
Thanks. I actually only want one spot available, so I started with a loveseat - but maybe I should start with a living chair and expand the footprint from that? I can work out the nap animations from the loveseat/ objects.package, as I'm putting together custom interactions anyway.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator