Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 10:36 AM
Default Flowers on Dress Not Working Properly
So I've been working on a wedding dress mesh, and while everything else is going well, I'm having issues with some little flowers I've added onto the sleeves. In Blender everything is fine, but in Bodyshop the flowers are stretched waaaaay the heck out; If I change the pose of the sim in Bodyshop, the flowers go back to normal. I'm not sure if I should just delete them at this point, or if there's a way to fix them. Any thoughts?

(I'm using Blender and SmugTomato's plugin for the work, as I don't have Milkshape)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 5:04 PM
You need to make sure the flowers have the proper joint assignments. If you haven't assigned the flowers yet, you need to do so. If you've assigned them with auto assigning tools, there's likely vertices with some stray bad joint assignments that may need a bit of adjusting, possibly manually.

It's fixable, so keep at it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2023 at 9:39 AM
So, in testing the various Parenting methods here, as I'm using Blender 2.79: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/...ns/parents.html

I was able to parent a test flower to a bone in the armature, but now it won't let me export my work, and throws me an error message, so now I'm really confused.

Not sure if this is entirely it, but I took those flowers from the hanging orchids plant, specifically the 5gd version (extract, not export) in SimPe.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2023 at 2:31 PM
I don't think you're supposed to parent it (at least I've never heard this being used to describe the process - it's for something else, like parenting a bone to another when setting up a skeleton/rig).

If you import in non-animated items, or items that aren't already body-related, you don't have to worry too much about using the 5gd format. The reason is that you can occasionally end up with an additional skeleton in the file (I don't know how Blender handles this for TS2 - I've only worked on a few TS4 projects where this was an issue). Sometimes it can be an idea to import these elements as obj (occasionally it can result in some UVmap issues where the UVmap jumps up or down, but those are usually fixable).

It's called bone weight painting in Blender. Not 100% sure if this is exactly how it works for the plugins, but I think so (I've mainly made animations and a few accessories for TS4, and it's been a couple or so years since last time, in a different version of Blender - I never used the TS2 plugins).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fICQmBEt4Y (search "blender weight painting" on Youtube if you want more intro videos)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2023 at 8:42 AM Last edited by Joselle : 14th Sep 2023 at 10:52 AM.
@simmer22 Sooo...Good News, Bad News! Good News is that the video you sent me about weight painting seems to work perfectly! Bad News is that, after testing weight painting on one flower (to see if it'd work), Blender won't export the mesh. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I'm really troubled by this right now.

EDIT: Seriously, I am now very, very lost--even after weight-painting, Smug Tomato's plugin STILL won't let me export the mesh. No error message pops up, just, won't let me export at all. I really don't know what to do at this point