Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 11:22 PM
Default Issue faced by Tourist Sims
Recently I've been facing an issue where some of the Sims from Bridgeport - which I added as a sub-world of Moonlight Falls - don't actually die when the game says they do. Instead, nothing happens to them. Or they tend to just go into hiding so they don't ever show up in Moonlight Falls as tourists. They don't show up in my Sim's relationships panel either. I've managed to use the "invite to visit" option to choose which of those Sims to invite over so that I can kill them and produce tombstones for them. But there are still some hidden Bridgeport Sims that I still can't recover, as they don't show up on the list of Sims to invite over.

And I'm nervous about sending my Sim to visit Bridgeport. Since there tend to be duplicates of some tourist Sims. I went to Bridgeport recently - without saving the game afterwards - and found a tombstone of Elvira Slayer which makes no sense, since I made Elvira move to Moonlight Falls shortly after the first time I made a Sim visit Bridgeport. And Elvira is buried in the Moonlight Falls cemetery, meaning that there are two tombstones of the same Sim. But the one in Bridgeport is just a copy.

I'm nervous about it because the last time I went to Champs Les Sims and found a duplicate of a tourist Sim, I went back to Moonlight Falls to find the first copy of the tourist Sim had been affected. She was back in the adult life stage and looked just the same as the duplicate did. While that was good news to some extent, it WON'T be good news if it happens to any of the Bridgeport Sims. Is there any way that I can somehow summon the Sims from Bridgeport that aren't showing up? Seems the only way to do that that I know of would be to revisit Bridgeport, but then that would run the risk of the original versions of Bridgeport Sims being affected by their duplicates. I know that I can backup my game, but it is a time consuming process to do all this testing.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 6:08 AM
They can die and leave a tombstone in my Sim's homeworld. I've seen it happen on multiple occasions. But I need to find a way to get those Sims to enter the homeworld again so that I can kill them and produce tombstones for them. Since the game constantly sends my household notifications of them getting pretty old and then usually notifications of them dying later that same day. But it's rather continuous as they just go into hiding where they never enter your homeworld again and cannot be summoned directly. And because of this, I end up getting the same notifications of those Sims being about to die, and messages of them dying but not actually dying. Beau Merrick and Morrigan Hemlock aren't recognised by the game as dead, yet I have received multiple messages telling me that they are both dead. I have no way to my knowledge to get them to come to my Sim's homeworld, and I may end up having to go to their homeworld. But if I do that, it may cause the data of the Sims that died in Moonlight Falls that are native to Bridgeport to be updated, and I can't afford to let that happen.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 2:47 PM Last edited by igazor : 17th Jan 2019 at 5:59 PM.
Sims who live in foreign worlds cannot actually die in their own world if it's not being played. Nothing can happen in a world that is not being played actively, it is totally frozen in suspended animation. The impending death or have already died notices on foreign world sims are bogus, many of us get those. Sims in foreign worlds can be staged to die the next time that world is entered if one is using Traveler's option to "age" foreign sims and the data indicates they have gone beyond their expected life span. But the data between what is being held pending in the TravelDB and that of the actual full version sims in the other world does get mixed up sometimes, hence the bogus notices. I've gotten such notices on sims who were nowhere near death, Traveler's Ageless Foreign was on so they shouldn't have been near death or dying, and these sims were just fine the next time I saw them. I've also seen the notices on those who already died some time ago. I just try to ignore them.

I can't begin to understand the original problem here (not unusual I'm afraid). But if part of the question is how do you get mini-sim copies of other world residents to visit your sims and be on screen, they can invited over using MasterController -- NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Basic > Invite Over > Homeworld. If such a sim is already visiting the current homeworld but hibernating off-screen someplace, then MC > (Sim) > Basic > Invite Over > (and filter to Tourists or see if they show up on the full world list by hitting "X" to dismiss the filters).

Full version sims can also be pulled into a currently being played world and made to be residents of it with MC > Add Sim > Homeworld.

Generally speaking though, support for NRaas mods is better provided at NRaas.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 11:00 AM
I've followed your instructions, but unfortunately Morrigan Hemlock isn't on the list. And neither are a few other Sims such as the Littlers. I'm not sure why they aren't appearing on the available list. Maybe the game deleted their tombstones or maybe the game is waiting for me to visit Bridgeport again so those Sims can be reset.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 11:59 AM
My Sim has taken a visit to Bridgeport, and Morrigan Hemlock and the Littlers have reverted back to what their counterparts from October 2018 which was when Bridgeport was last visited by one of my Sims in Moonlight Falls. And I've found that although there appeared to be duplicates of Sims in the Bridgeport cemetery, it was lucky that I didn't delete them. Because when I put them in my Sim's inventory and when my Sim went back to Moonlight Falls, those tombstones that were in my Sim's inventory either disappeared from my Sim's inventory, or they disappeared from the Moonlight Falls cemetery, implying that they weren't really duplicates that entire time.