Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Uploaded to mediafire here. It's a .package, place in the Library folder. No SPs and No CC. Content from every EP excluding ITF used. Has description and lot name. Designed to be placed where arrow is:

Thanks for the lot! The great thing about the suburban lots is that they can be copied a few times around the world.

I will place it in once I finish a game of Anno 2070
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 7:02 PM Last edited by HarVee : 22nd Nov 2015 at 10:14 AM.
In the case of this first lot, probably best to only place it on corner lots because of the way the entryway is designed.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#28 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spoonsthings
FYI one of the worst things ISIS is doing (besides killing people) is destroying and vandalizing cultural icons including old mosques and Islamic relics. So yes, by your criteria ISIS is doing the world a favor by ridding the Middle East of "Islamic stuff".

God no, that's not what I meant. I meant unpleasant Islamic stuff, not regular Islamic stuff. I love different cultures and ethnicities, but I don't love the shit that might stem from it, like ISIS or the IRA or whatever. But hey, at least the ISIS dudes are getting the 72 virgins they were promised now that Anonymous is on their asses.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#29 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
God no, that's not what I meant. I meant unpleasant Islamic stuff, not regular Islamic stuff. I love different cultures and ethnicities, but I don't love the shit that might stem from it, like ISIS or the IRA or whatever. But hey, at least the ISIS dudes are getting the 72 virgins they were promised now that Anonymous is on their asses.

I'd just like to clarify for those who aren't as familiar with the situation, the IRA doesn't claim any sort of religious motivation or allegiance or whatever. It's easy to mistake it as that, given that the conflict fell/falls along a Catholic/Protestant dividing line, but the conflict was never in any way over religion. Religion was simply a very reliable indicator of which community you were from, which side you were from, due to the demographic make up of Ireland and Britain. The IRA conflict was always a political one over which government should be in charge of Northern Ireland.

It's a real mess with an awful lot of history behind it, but religion was never really a part of the conflict. It was just that for an significant amount of Irish history, "catholic" was practically synonymous with "ethnically and culturally irish", while "protestant" was damn near synonymous with "ethnically and culturally english".

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#30 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 9:38 PM Last edited by HarVee : 21st Nov 2015 at 11:36 PM.
Interesting how a thread about a TS3 world turns into a discussion about religion, politics, and ISIL.

Anyway, in the process of editing a few lots that have been sitting in ones TS3 library. @jje1000 should be aware of which lots, as they were seen in a different unrelated thread. Will post pictures and a download if one ever finishes them.

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
The IRA conflict was always a political one over which government should be in charge [...] It's a real mess with an awful lot of history behind it, but religion was never really a part of the conflict.

I'm no expert, but I'd wager you could say this exact same thing about what's going on in the Middle East right now. You can't compare what IS is doing to something like the Inquisition, where a religious institution was actually carrying out the atrocities. It's politics and power struggles.

I understand now you meant no harm, Grijze Pilion, but please do try to be more careful of your words next time. You said "Islamic stuff", not "unpleasant Islamic stuff". In fact, I'm not even sure I approve of your differentiating between "regular" and "unpleasant" "Islamic stuff," but I'm not going to go into that topic for right now, because in the end this thread is about PB's and Nilxis's lovely world, not current events.

In the meantime, this is how the second floor of C21 looks right now. 2-bedroom 1-bath house, costs just over 30,000 simoleons with all lot markers placed. It's intended for a fairly well-off (as I assume this is a middle-class neighborhood) family of three, where the child is at least in latter child stages and the family has saved up enough to move into this neighborhood.

I went off floorplans of apartments I dug up on Amman real estate adverts. The decor is more modern than anything else, because that's how the apartments I saw were decorated, but I wholeheartedly welcome suggestions as to how to make it feel more middle-eastern. I'm thinking of reCASting the carpet, for one.

I also took the liberty of enlarging the part that I assumed was supposed to be a stairwell, so I could use it as such. I moved the chimney / oil barrel / water tanks on top so it would have the same effect. Also, I would like to check if those floor tiles supposed to be there, above the door?

Also not sure what to do with the first floor. Do you want me to do something with that, or should I just leave it like this?

Lab Assistant
#32 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 10:02 PM
May I make a suggestion as to one more way to alter the building's shell? On the side with the two bedrooms, there are two balconies. I propose getting rid of the partitioning in the middle to merge them into one, and deleting one of the two doors. Right now, the second bedroom in that apartment has access onto two balconies, and I think one should be enough. It bothers me, too, that doors looking onto balconies likely pose a security risk in RL, even though I know that has no bearing in-game.
Scholar
#33 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spoonsthings
I'm no expert, but I'd wager you could say this exact same thing about what's going on in the Middle East right now. You can't compare what IS is doing to something like the Inquisition, where a religious institution was actually carrying out the atrocities. It's politics and power struggles.

I understand now you meant no harm, Grijze Pilion, but please do try to be more careful of your words next time. You said "Islamic stuff", not "unpleasant Islamic stuff". In fact, I'm not even sure I approve of your differentiating between "regular" and "unpleasant" "Islamic stuff," but I'm not going to go into that topic for right now, because in the end this thread is about PB's and Nilxis's lovely world, not current events.

I agree with you that it's best to avoid derailing the thread, so I'll try to keep this short and then zip my mouth

I'm totally in agreement that very few of the conflicts going on these days are actually much to do with religion. Even those that claim to have religious motivations are typically using that as an excuse/shield to hide behind/etc. (And before I go any further I'd just like to say that I claim no expertise whatsoever in middle eastern politics (which is why I actually avoided the subject altogether in my previous comment, and stuck to what I do know about), so those who have more knowledge please feel free to correct anything I incorrectly say/imply). I was just making the point that (as far as I understand), ISIS/ISIL/Daesh/whatever you prefer to call them, have claimed some sort of connection to Islam, given that it's in their name. This is obviously a claim that the vast majority of Muslims reject, and I'm not saying that the group's values actually align with the religion/any of its leadership/etc, because I don't believe they do. Just that they claim some kind of connection to it. And that the way in which the IRA was mentioned implied that they had made a similar claim with Catholicism, which, to the best of my knowledge, is not a thing that ever happened.

And given that the rest of the world tends to be fairly misinformed about the details of the history and relationship between Ireland and Britain, (with many people believing that Ireland is a part of Britain and still lead by the same government, for example), I just wanted to clear up any possible confusion and/or misconceptions there.

But anyway yes, this world is looking really great so far, and I'm excited to see it progress!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#34 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 10:13 AM
Would like to inform everyone here that all lots on offer by this one will be available in post #28 of this thread from now on. Doing this as to keep the thread a bit cleaner and offer an index for easier browsing of this ones offerings.

As a side note, been working on a new compound lot that should compliment the first lot one offered nicely.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 10:57 AM
@harvee, Great buildings!

The only two things I would suggest would be to see if you can have the wall completely surrounding the lot (include a gate for the nicer compounds), and to use the WA stained wallpaper (you can pull a few variations off of existing builds).

@spoonsnthings, feels to adapt the lot as you wish- the only thing would be to not change the exterior dramatically (I.e. No demoing entire buildings). For the ground floor part- if you see the fake storefront wallpaper shutters, I would leave some room behind those. The lobby can really just be a corridor to the stairs/elevator up, though a few amenities (like laundry) for the nicer buildings would also work.

The Middle East also seems to love tile floors (probably for ease of cleaning), and there are some nice ones in the stone category of flooring.

Hope this works, and I can't wait to see what you do!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 12:12 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 22nd Nov 2015 at 12:40 PM.
Store Content Fix

If some of you are missing some objects, here is a quick patch that should fix some of these issues. This patch also fixes some of the other issues that came with the default store packages.

Quote:
Download Here

To install, place into the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder.

Let me know if you are still missing anything!
Theorist
#37 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 1:38 PM
Very nice indeed. I like it very much. I always thought that Al Simhara was one of the best Ts3 hoods made, despite it's many issues, so it's nice to see a more mature take on the middle east in this form. And it's good that you two - both top hood builders - work together on this, it makes for an interesting mixture.

About the roads: Although these roads are used in that part of the world, I think perhaps the yellow stripe should be used only motorway sections, not clustered town areas where it should be more plain. I don't know, this is just what I see when I look at those roads. Maybe HarVee could tell us what would be the right way.

And, would a mod be able to clean this thread of all the flim-flam that has nothing to do with the hood please? This has gone waaaay off topic.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 2:19 PM
I'm definitely looking at replacing the roads since they're a holdout from the original world- the textures from Sao Paten will probably be the replacement.

I also don't mind the discussions in the thread- I think it's interesting! Maybe there'll be more cultural and historical discussion in the future because it'll help in the development of the lore.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 3:15 PM
Eastland is looking super amazing! - I've been patiently trying to use/decor Whour Valley to my liking but always have to scrap things over and over again. So when I saw this (the familiar lake actually), I completely squealed with joy!

Have downloaded ver 1.0, and can't wait for the final ver!
You guys are doing magnificent!

★ my s i m b l r
Mad Poster
#40 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 3:22 PM
Took @jje1000 suggestions and altered the Nubian lot one offered.

Anyone have suggestions, or comments? Feedback is important. Helps one get better at building.

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I'm definitely looking at replacing the roads since they're a holdout from the original world- the textures from Sao Paten will probably be the replacement.

For the tarmac itself, one suggests using a darker more worn looking texture. Roads in Mid-East are often subject to poor upkeep.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 3:53 PM
Looking good, I would try using the addfriezes on cheat and half walls parapets to thicken up the roof and make the roofline a bit more interesting.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 4:48 PM Last edited by Spoonsthings : 24th Aug 2016 at 9:28 PM.
Updated version of this lot is shown/linked here.

Lot C21 is up on sim fileshare.

2BR 1BA
Just under 33,000 simoleons

Uses WA, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, and Island Paradise.

Playtested so the lot should be free of routing issues, but let me know if any issues persist.

Entryway:

Common room:

Kitchen:

Bathroom:

Bedroom 1:

Bedroom 2:

Overhead views:

Top floor, with view of inside of stairwell:

3rd floor:

2nd floor:

Ground floor:

Now what do you want me to do next, aside from fix any issues that I might have overlooked with this lot?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#43 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 9:28 PM
I didn't find the whole world but I found 8 lots in Middle-Eastern theme. I'll post pictures soon, so you can download them (or some of them) which you like. One of them is a community lot (Playground) so you probably don't want that lot, do you?
The lots don't look modern though. They look more rural. I think those lots would fit perfectly in A1/2/3/4/6/7/8. May I claim these numbers for my lots?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#44 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 10:56 PM
Uploaded a new version of the albayt alwardi lot. Check lot index (post #28) for more details. Original will remain available for those that want it too.

Now then, here is a preview of what this one is working on currently:

Always open for suggestions

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 12:40 AM
@Spoonsnthings- Looks great! Any lot you want to work on next?

@Jawusa- Awesome- any pictures of the lots?

@HarVee- Looking good- for your next houses, could you make some that look like the ones in this image (like here: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/bagh...-43248959.jpg)? I would also suggest using a black wallpaper and floortile for any usused spaces (like the insides of 1x1 columns?
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 12:46 AM
@Spoonsnthings- Looks great! Any lot you want to work on next?

Not any in particular! I'd be happy with just about any project involving this world.
Test Subject
#47 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 12:50 AM
So, I'm still having issues getting content to show up. I've installed the store content fix and totally reinstalled the world. The Monte Vista stuff, ampitheater and ruins, still don't show up. And the palm trees or whatever are being replaced (what did they come with anyway? maybe that's my missing something, but I don't think so).

Still a beautiful world though, I love this so much.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 1:00 AM
@HarVee- Looking good- for your next houses, could you make some that look like the ones in this image (like here: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/bagh...ea-43248959.jpg I would also suggest using a black wallpaper and floortile for any usused spaces (like the insides of 1x1 columns?

Replicating that style should prove interesting. But one is certainly up for it. Where exactly in the world would you care for these to be developed?

Now when you say "unused spaces" you mean those white spaces that are common on this ones lots? Because if so than yes, one can easily change the colour to black instead of white from now on.

Quote: Originally posted by Dreamerz13
So, I'm still having issues getting content to show up. I've installed the store content fix and totally reinstalled the world. The Monte Vista stuff, ampitheater and ruins, still don't show up. And the palm trees or whatever are being replaced (what did they come with anyway? maybe that's my missing something, but I don't think so).
Almost certain the Palm Trees came with the World Adventures EP. There also a few palm trees from Showtime that fit Mid-east perfectly too.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 1:12 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 30th Dec 2015 at 2:29 AM.
@Spoonsnthings- How about finishing off the rest of the pre-built shells in New Town?

@Harvee- Probably in the compound zones closet to the New City area.

@Dreamerz- Try the fix I listed here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...995#post4913995
It should at least help you with the columns and wallpapers. The palm trees came with World Adventures.

One more thing- if anyone has the Default (nondecrappified version of Monte Vista)- if possible, could you replace the Colosseum + two columns out in front, and send over the package file to me? Hopefully with a default Colosseum, the disappearing issue will not happen again.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 1:16 AM
@Spoonsnthings- How about finishing off the rest of the pre-built shells in New Town?

So Lot 23? I can definitely do that. I know you wanted to make Lot 22 a RH lot, but I didn't see a basement, and I don't know what you want to use that lot for. I'd love to do that one as well, just tell me what it's supposed to be.
Page 2 of 9