Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 6:03 AM
Default SimPe - missing texture image for lit state on maxis sconce
Trying to recolor the Lunatech "GaulleVanizer" Wall Sconce, and only I only ever get one texture image shown - that for the unlit state. I've already got that recolored, and it shows up in the game, no problems there.

However, once the light turns on, the "original" color returns, which of course messes with the decor. It does go back to my recolor when it's off again though, so that's good, at least.

So, does anyone know how to make SimPE let me change the "lit" state? Do I have to do something with the material definitions? I'm not very experienced with this stuff, sorry...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 7:16 PM
I haven't used the recolor option in SimPE that much, so I'm not sure what its choices are. I do know, however, that if you CLONE the Lunatech "GaulleVanizer" and untick the "pull only default color" that you will get all the txtrs for all states. You could try recoloring them in this clone, then delete all the unnecessary files in the package to make a recolor package.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
I haven't used the recolor option in SimPE that much, so I'm not sure what its choices are. I do know, however, that if you CLONE the Lunatech "GaulleVanizer" and untick the "pull only default color" that you will get all the txtrs for all states. You could try recoloring them in this clone, then delete all the unnecessary files in the package to make a recolor package.

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks so much!
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 7:52 PM
Glad to hear it. You're certainly welcome.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:32 PM
Oh thanks d4RE - I was having a similar problem with something else and knew it was something simple. I've done it before but that's one of those fiddly things you forget. So back to the original cloning process.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc