Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2006 at 2:56 AM
Default 3 more games I want to know about
For $6 I can get Age Of Mythology, Flight Simulator 2004, and/or Rise Of Nations 1.0 with my new computer. What are those games about? Cause that's a really good deal.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 8th May 2006 at 12:47 PM
They are not worth it. Flight Simulator 2004 was made by Microsoft because it had nothing better to do. Rise Of Nations is low-rated, and wasn't fun when I played it. Only one of those that may be worth it is AOM (Age Of Mythology). It is similar to AOE III, and neither is violent. They are RTS games. In AOM you control mythological characters in war. In AOE III you control an empire. There is fighting, but there is no blood/gore. When they die the bodies vanish.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th May 2006 at 1:07 PM
O_O

All three of those games are excellent.

Age of Mythology is the peak of Ensemble Studios RTS design IMO.

Flight Simulator 2004 is the only commercial plane flight sim worth owning since Looking Glass Studios Flight Unlimited.

Rise of Nations is a wonderful mix of standard RTS play with Civilization elements thrown in for good measure. And it most certainly wasn't low rated. It has an average score of 89.3% on Game Rankings.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th May 2006 at 1:12 PM
I never tried FS 2004 or RON 1.0, but what I did play is Age of Mythology & I love it, it's very similar to Age of Empires' Games but this one involves temples & seeking help from Greek Gods (like Zeus, Athena, Hades and so on) & special units like Minotaurs (the half man half bull) & massive dinosaurs (or was it dragons??), you get the picture....but it's pretty old though.
#5 Old 8th May 2006 at 10:16 PM
AoM and RoN are excellent, I have them both. I never played Flight Simulator though, but I read positive reviews. Those 3 games for $6 is a great deal.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th May 2006 at 1:24 AM
Rise of Nations a bad game.. I'm wounded... WOUNDED!!

98% of teenagers believe stupid statistics. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th May 2006 at 3:30 AM
Much of my time a few years ago was taken up playing Age of Mythology. It was like a drug: my portal into more 'hardcore' RTS games like Civilization.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th May 2006 at 6:31 AM
<picky prez>

Civilization IV is turn based, not real time.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
#9 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 11:49 AM
I reccomend AOM. I think my sister has it, and its alright.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 9:43 AM
Flight Simulator 2004 is one of the best simulation games, and you need to have a "super"-computer in order to play it (w/ the highest settings). :P

As for AoM, I don't really like age of empires series, so I assume that I won't like AoM.
I think it all comes down to what type of games that you like. If you like RTS, you will probably like AoM.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 9:58 AM
My cousin has flight simulator 2004 (I think, unless there's another game like that ). It looked pretty cool, I watched him play it once.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07